Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

So guitar isn't dead...

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Johnny Danger, Jun 12, 2018.

1. ChukkerNation

ChukkerNation Senior Stratmaster

Apr 9, 2015
    Magrathea
    Could be a HM2. They were HSS. hM3s were HSH. I still have mine and pull it out to play a few times a year. If yours has the non-Strat black headstock, it’s a HM. If it had a standard headstock, they were called something else.

2. supernintendo64

supernintendo64 Strat-Talk Member

Apr 14, 2017
    Alabama
    That's great and all but it really bothers me that Gibson is still trying to identify as a "lifestyle brand" even after the bankruptcy instead of being a company that puts musicians first and foremost.

3. Lester H

Lester H Strat-Talker

Jun 6, 2018
    Kansas
    Nope it had a standard headstock. Honestly mine was a turd. I remember the pots got scratchy early on and parts would come off the bridge and just problematic all around. I got in a pickle in '93 and put it up for hock in a pawn shop on an out of town trip and never went back for it. I pretty much swore off squier and fender for about 7 years after.

ChukkerNation likes this.

4. The Strat Dude

The Strat Dude Dental Floss farmer Strat-Talk Supporter

5. johnnymg

johnnymg Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 5, 2015
    Central Coast Ca

6. mikej89

mikej89 Senior Stratmaster

May 12, 2016
    River Falls, WI
    I think the guitar hero is dead but not electric guitar. There just won't be another SRV or anything.

7. Johnny Danger

Johnny Danger Strat-O-Master

Aug 28, 2017
    Denton, TX
    Everyone here keeps talking about kids not liking guitar music and they instantly think of rap, hip hop and pop. Well rap and hip hop have been around since the late 70's. Pop is definitely less guitar driven, but pop is it's own genre. Talk to any high school kid or even 20 or 30 somethings who actually really like music and odds are that they listen to a lot of guitar driven music in addition to pop.

The Strat Dude likes this.

8. Class A Knob

Class A Knob Strat-O-Master

Nov 25, 2017
    California
    Rolling Stone is like MTV: they haven't been about music for about 20 years now