Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

So here’s the deal

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by That635Guy, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Stratdejavu

Stratdejavu Strat-Talker

Dec 31, 2017
    Unknown
    You’re right.

2. stratman323

stratman323 Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    Ah, but déjà vu isn't what it used to be......o_O

If you own a Ford, would it be cool to put a Ferrari badge on it? It's the same thing.

Fettmajik117 likes this.
  3. Groovey

Groovey Most Honored Senior Member

Nov 17, 2016
    NC. USA

I'd buy a Svender!

amstratnut and Fettmajik117 like this.
  4. Fettmajik117

Fettmajik117 Strat-Talk Member

Dec 26, 2017
    Iowa
    As they say: the magic is in the Axe Man, not the Axe ;)

dbolt likes this.
  5. Fettmajik117

Fettmajik117 Strat-Talk Member

Dec 26, 2017
    Iowa
    I really like their alternative material necks. Stratosphere bought up a bunch of them. Walnut, rosewood, pao ferro.. graphite.. seems like ur getting a mounting resistance to the decal deal, I saw some neat decals that say other stuff and look like fender, if I was adding a decal I'd look into that stuff:)

6. stormin1155

stormin1155 Strat-Talker

Mar 18, 2014
    Iowa
    I don't have a problem with you putting Fender on the headstock as long as it is never sold as a Fender. Problem is, you sell it appropriately as a Squier partscaster, next owner may not be as scrupulous if he decides to sell it.

7. LarryBirdsFace

LarryBirdsFace Strat-Talker

Jan 17, 2017
    Maine
    If you're building a guitar to play it, who cares what it says on the headstock if you like the way it feels and sounds? Subsequently if you're playing to people who care what it says on the headstock, you're playing for the wrong crowd.

8. Stratoskater

Stratoskater Senior Stratmaster

Feb 8, 2011
    Raleigh NC
  9. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

May 21, 2010
    Sheffield, UK
    So buy a Fender neck, then the moral dilemma becomes

Is this guitar a Squier with a Fender neck

or

a Fender with a Squier body?

I'm crawling back under my rock now. :sneaky:

10. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Most Honored Senior Member

May 7, 2014
    UK
    Where's that damn popcorn gone.

Aha......

1514904862168.jpg

Raiders757, Bodean and Thrup'ny Bit like this.
  11. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

May 21, 2010
    Sheffield, UK
    Never mind the popcorn, have you got the bullet yet? :p

StillAlive&Well and Bodean like this.
  12. Dalendl

Dalendl Strat-Talker

Jan 2, 2016
    NW Mn
    I see a lot of opinions in these threads that just don't make rational sense to me. What is it about the Fender neck that makes it the "only" part that can not be altered if you want to keep the name on the headstock? Where are the cries of indignation when bodies, paint, pickups, tuners, frets, knobs, pots, saddles, bridges, trem blocks, and on and on get changed with non-fender replacements? Any guitar that has been altered should have lots of sanding going on to remove that logo off the end of the neck once you start removing any factory parts.

I know the prevailing opinion around here is if the neck came from the factory, it's OK to leave to logo and it doesn't matter what what you bolt that neck to. Just seems kinda hypocritical to me.

13. stratman323

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    The thing is that the opposition to Fender decals being applied to non-Fender guitars or necks comes from the top - the list owner. As far as I know he wrote the rules (that many new members seem to not read) & the culture of ST has evolved from there.

I'm sure that there are fora where members will encourage you to stick Fender decals on non Fender gear, but this isn't one of them. It's the way it is, & I don't expect it to change any time soon.

14. Stratoskater

Stratoskater Senior Stratmaster

Feb 8, 2011
    Raleigh NC
    Like Stratman said, it's against the rules of Strat Talk to discuss faking decals (i.e. putting Fender decal on Squier necks). It's not about the parts, it's about fraud. There are thousands of Squires out there being sold as Fenders with fake decals.

Raiders757 and stratman323 like this.
  15. Dalendl

Dalendl Strat-Talker

Jan 2, 2016
    NW Mn
    I'm not advocating that anyone should put a fender decal on a non fender neck, what I am asking is what makes the neck so special? Is it because that is that is the predominant placement of the the fender logo/brand? Do most feel the same way towards any other part that displays the Fender logo and may get used on a guitar that is not 100% Fender?

16. stratman323

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    In view of the factually correct post from Stratoskater, I am going to decline to get dragged into that discussion. All I was trying to do is to explain the reason for the attitudes that prevail on this forum.

17. Dalendl

Dalendl Strat-Talker

Jan 2, 2016
    NW Mn
    Fair enough, I understand the rules, and again, I'm NOT advocating anyone should use fraudulent decals. The point I am trying to make is there are lots of other parts that can be swapped on a strat that make it less than original but it seems to be OK to proudly display the Fender brand/logo on an original neck, regardless of what you do with that neck. That is hypocrisy in my book, IMHO.

strat_strummer likes this.
  18. MrKrabs

MrKrabs Strat-Talker

May 15, 2017
    Texas
    As long as you don’t sell it as a Fender, it’s your guitar and you can do whatever you like with it

Fettmajik117 and Percy like this.
  19. Groovey

Groovey Most Honored Senior Member

Nov 17, 2016
    NC. USA
    caveat ēmptor

20. trapdoor2

trapdoor2 Strat-O-Master

Oct 25, 2017
    Nawth Alabama
    You'll get a pretty cool "Warmoth" decal with the new neck. I'd use that instead. Warmoth has a big following and makes great necks. What it does is advertise that you've chosen to hot-rod your guitar with known, high-quality components.

If you're gonna hot-rod, be proud of it.