Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

so many monster rock bands are british

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by ole lefty, Aug 9, 2018.

1. guitarface

guitarface Senior Stratmaster

Nov 11, 2012
    New York
    I've always kinda thought of things this way- lots of top bands or groups are British.

But chuck berry, Elvis, little Richard, bob Dylan, paul Simon, etc are not groups or bands.

2. 2-Finger

2-Finger Senior Stratmaster

Aug 16, 2016
    Brussels, Belgium
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

3. Athanasios

Athanasios Strat-O-Master

Mar 23, 2018
    Greece
    I know ...thats what i say America is just a place not a nation...well bastard nation maybe

4. Athanasios

Mar 23, 2018
    Greece
    Go have a cold shower yes?
    Misquote it was for the overrated thing...

5. newplayeroldguy

newplayeroldguy in the wind

May 12, 2015
    north and east
    So you don't like us- swell. We all get it.

duzie likes this.

6. Athanasios

Mar 23, 2018
    Greece
    Ah....you dont get me....anyway...

7. Johnny Danger

Johnny Danger Strat-O-Master

Aug 28, 2017
    Denton, TX
    Dude, I am the LAST person anyone would pin as patriotic. But seriously, your statement is equivalent to a major politician calling certain nations "s-hole" countries. Don't come in here and expect us to say "Oh, how cultured he must be to be unimpressed by America" because it's exactly the opposite. You're being just as closed minded and judgmental as the people you're complaining about.

simoncroft, 2-Finger, brians and 5 others like this.

8. duzie

duzie Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

May 1, 2016
    northwest nj
    Here’s an American band that may have had an influence around the globe .

Neil.C and heltershelton like this.

9. BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid Senior Stratmaster

Oct 12, 2016
    US
    Much of the music I like came out of the UK. Amongst the first bands to grab me were the Beatles, Zeppelin, and The Who. I'm also a fan of electronic music, especially the improvisational stuff and later movie soundtrack stuff of Tangerine Dream. There are a lot of musicians carrying the torch of TD, many of them from the UK...Mark Shreeve, Radio Massacre International (RMI), Arcane, Paul Lawler, etc. And the progressive rock bands new and old...Porcupine Tree, Ozric Tentacles, Genesis, Yes, Tull, Steven Wilson, Muse...I could go on and on :).

10. Athanasios

Mar 23, 2018
    Greece
    I m not judging anyone nor am i here to act educated.I say what i think.and in fact i am very impressed by America.But more than half of you have jelly instead of brains.So do half of us ofcourse...We know the good stuff about America music and strats Cant we quote the bad.Anyway it is a conversation that needs face to face contact and beers Let it be.Maybe my english are limited and i cant explain what i wany to say

11. Athanasios

Mar 23, 2018
    Greece
    After sex pistols taxedomoon etc...pistols made fun of the queen and er she was the queen...no harm done punk got big
    If that happened with Reygan(sorry for the spelling) there would be swats around the streets...see what image your politicians make of you?in a concert we d all have fun together...

12. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 28, 2011
    Pawnee, Indiana
    Still a huge part of American music history, and American history itself. fact stands that rock and blues were born in the USA, and seems to have been adopted and thrived by british artists.

I don't think even the big british acts would argue with that.. they seemed to idolize the old USA rockers and blues guys quite a bit.

modern music in the world wouldn't be the same without the pioneering in the USA, and the evolution of it from the UK in the 60s onward.

It's fine to not like the USA's "climate" as it is today, but to minimize the impact this country's people had on rock and blues is plain ridiculous. The US basically owned rock and blues up through the '50s.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    Athanasios likes this.

13. heltershelton

heltershelton ASKED TO LEAVE THE STAGE Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 5, 2013
    Not Florida
    well, i have to agree with you about half the people having jelly for brains.
    and i love the sex pistols.

Athanasios likes this.

14. Dick Blackmore

Dick Blackmore Strat-O-Master

Jan 10, 2017
    San Diego
    Gene Simmons invented Rock N Roll

[​IMG]

Rastus and Athanasios like this.

15. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 28, 2011
    Pawnee, Indiana
    you are partially correct.. but you should seriously read up on some rock history. If those English bands had STAYED IN ENGLAND, they wouldn't have half of the status they have today. Coming over to the USA, Beatlemania here, helped spread it everywhere.

A lot of the world's bigger record labels, recording studios, etc. are here. Great British musicians come here to really scale up. US artists typically don't go to the UK to "make it big." They go to LA, Nashville, etc. and so do people from the rest of the world.

You're free to hate it, but rock n roll was essentially born here, and thrived here, even though many (maybe even most) of the greats are English.

This is not me "waving a flag." This is just the reality of the music business in the majority of the life of rock n' roll. The USA has and had the population, the money, the power, and the avenues to make people famous.

Take That seems to be one of the exceptions, where they are one hit wonders in the USA, but massively famous in the UK. But even they crossed over for awhile.

Canada even made a rule that radio stations are forced to play Canadian music for a fraction of the allotted time, to promote growth of their own country's music, so it isn't completely saturated by American music.

All this being said: This is not to diminish UK players and singers, they shaped rock and roll, and made it listenable (to me) But their roots came from American bands, plain and simple.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    Athanasios likes this.

16. Athanasios

Mar 23, 2018
    Greece

I agree totally...thats what i said with the wrong attitude...yet i hate the fact that big bands from europe had to lose their wit just because music bussiness was and is based in America...i mean Judas Priest pop metal aka living after midnight and turbo lover just because America has the cash and the airplay? I love my music and it makes me sad that US bands had all the promotion (for **** shake Winger???)and UK had to sell out.I m.sad cause Germany had money and was a league of its own in metal and Greece and Italy were domestic though having killer bands.I dont hate hou i hate the American system that screws you and us .i honestly dont know rockn roll history but i know that what happened was not right for music.We re talking music and music is life with political extensions right?

17. Athanasios

Mar 23, 2018
    Greece
    And he has a child named Abbath :p
    Total respect for you Mr!!!

18. Athanasios

Mar 23, 2018
    Greece
    Didnt minimize it all .I just said that without UK the music would be even worse today than it already is.All because in America anyone can have their 15min.of fame

19. stratman323

stratman323 Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    Maybe it's a language barrier thing, but several of your posts in this thread have made it seem as though you say before you think. A little more thought about the words you choose & the order in which you use them might be advantageous. ;)

simoncroft, mshivy and RJ Squirrel like this.

20. RJ Squirrel

RJ Squirrel Strat-Talker

Jan 28, 2018
    Frostbite Falls
    Without Sun Records, Stax Records, and Muscle Shoals, there would be no rock 'n roll.