Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

So, where did you buy your first electric guitar?

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Thrup'ny Bit, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Stark

Stark Ghost of Johnny Thunders Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 16, 2011
    Richmond Annex, CA
    It was on the same side of Telegraph as the Jack In The Box drive through, one block up from Alcatraz. I know you’ve seen it thousands of times before you moved to Ireland.

brians likes this.

2. Tone Quest

Tone Quest Strat-O-Master

Sep 11, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    Bought my first electric guitar in the late 60's at a little shop in Portland, Maine. The shop is long since gone, but I remember the guitar as a red no name brand with one pickup. At the time it was my pride and joy.

Thrup'ny Bit likes this.

3. brians

brians Strat-O-Master

Nov 28, 2016
    ZA
    I still have it , bought it from the only single guitar shop in downtown Johannesburg , it was pre owned but like New, in those days, this was the cherries, envy of all I played with, still play it sometimes but its mostly made of junk to be honest, but we travelled a long road together and it's full of memories for me, most not shareable on this upstanding forum the store was called Magnet Music, was heaven for the cool kids, used to bunk school and hang out there ......good days indeed. 1514984498640.jpg
    Made in 1975

Neil.C and Thrup'ny Bit like this.

4. tommytele

tommytele Senior Stratmaster

Oct 14, 2009
    Mill Valley, CA
    I was dating a girl in Highschool in '75 and her brother had an Ibanez Goldtop which he refused to sell to me...what ticked me off is he didn't play it...one day he came home and I IMG_8283.jpg happened to be there...seems he had just got a ticket for driving on a suspended license and had no cash..I pulled a C note out of my wallet and grabbed Lester...he cussed me out but we shook on the sale.

5. nungesser

nungesser I ain't askin' for much..Lord take me downtown... Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 28, 2014
    Ireland
    Yeah! that's it! I was thinking it was at Ashby but I was wrong. I bought my Dobro in that pawn shop, which was my dream guitar, I went in there and saw it and new I had to have it, I didn't even look into whether it was a good deal or not, I went back a week later and got it, I still have that Dobro today!
    Man I laugh who knows how many times are paths crossed without even knowing it