Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Spider-Man is having me for dinner tonight...

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Malurkey, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Malurkey

Malurkey Senior Stratmaster

Dec 28, 2016
    Netherlands
    I have a very ambitious or stubborn spider living outside of my front door. It insists on building webs just outside the door.

For the last few days every time you forget to duck, you get a face full of web when entering or leaving the house.

I suspect it is trying to eat me...

2. CigBurn

CigBurn Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 22, 2014
    Same Shed Different Day
    If you can catch the spider safely in something like a cup, transfer it and some of its web to a new location on a plant or shrub. It will most likely start repairing its web in this new location and you'll have solved the problem. I like my spider buddies. :)

NOTE: if unsure of the type, always use extra caution.

Oh and when I've done it, I used a couple of sticks of dried spaghetti to capture a section of the web so I could keep it stretched out as I moved it. That allowed me to gently lay it over a few twigs making it a bit easier on the spider to do his remodeling.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  3. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Senior Stratmaster

Feb 27, 2018
    North Central NC
    We have lots of spiders around here. Just yesterday I had to duck while leaving the house. Walking down the road to the lake can be challenging. Sometimes I take a branched stick and hold it so the branches are in front of my head as I walk.

We respect spiders here too, CigBurn. Most of the time we just leave them alone. They catch and kill all kinds of much more annoying bugs.

Here's a Carolina Wolf Spider that lives in the garage:

Attached Files:

4. Strat Jacket

Strat Jacket Senior Stratmaster

May 11, 2018
    Illinois
    I would be a little worried. They are fast workers.

abnormaltoy likes this.
  5. Groovey

Groovey Most Honored Senior Member

Nov 17, 2016
    NC. USA
  6. circles

circles Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

"When you walk into a spider web you instantly become a kung fu master" :)

radd, rcole_sooner, Groovey and 2 others like this.
  7. alainvey

alainvey Senior Stratmaster

Jan 31, 2015
    London, UK
    If I saw that I would leave the country without hesitation.

Cerb, Groovey and abnormaltoy like this.
  8. Triple Jim

Feb 27, 2018
    North Central NC
    They're harmless. Even in you provoke one purposely, its bite is mainly an irritation. I'd much rather have 50 Wolf Spiders around my house than one noisy cricket chirping for hours on end while I'm trying to sleep. And with just a few spiders, there won't be any crickets. :)

rcole_sooner, abnormaltoy and circles like this.
  9. Stormy Monday

Stormy Monday Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 19, 2011
    somewhere
  10. tery

tery Most Honored Senior Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Tennessee
    Run Malurkey Run !

abnormaltoy likes this.
  11. Chont

Chont Senior Stratmaster

Sep 25, 2012
    Pennsylvania
  12. roadhog96

roadhog96 Strat-Talker

Oct 11, 2017
    CT
  13. abnormaltoy

abnormaltoy BushBaby Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 28, 2013
    Tucson
    Good for y'all...I'll kill something to eat, but, I won't even step on an ant. I have...issues with spiders, I don't squeal or anything (sometimes), I just like it better if I know they're there. (Did y'all see that grammar police?)

Wolf spider...that reminds me of a story.

We had cleared out some brush and I was on my way to a landfill, we have plant matter only landfills around here, so I'm driving...for some reason I brushed my leg (maybe Barry White was on the radio) and I felt a bump. I touched the area again just to double check...the bump moved. I cupped the bump and commenced to sweating. Driving as if I was Graham Hill, I'm semi in town, so I whip into a park and...park. I get out and I try to make it to the restroom, but I feel movement...right at the door to the john I looked around...no one around, so I drop my pants to my freaking ankles and this giant wolf spider fairly bounds out of my pants while I'm jumping around with my ankles trapped by my pants and boots, I'm making little girl noises...

I had the heebie jeebies all day.

14. Triple Jim

Feb 27, 2018
    North Central NC
    The funny thing is that a tick, also an arachnid, can kill you, where in the US at least, spiders can't.

Chont and abnormaltoy like this.
  15. rolandson

rolandson Most Honored Senior Member

True Story.

When "The City That Works"...that really is the city's slogan by the way...aka, Portland, Oregon USA, built its new Convention Center (called the Oregon Convention Center) back in 1988, the smartest people in the room came to the conclusion that....

'Women spend too much time in the bathroom.'

The geniuses decided that this was true. They also decided that they needed to do something to address this scourge of social behavior. But what to do?

Spiders they decided. !

They commissioned an artist to design a special "spider tile" that could be strategically cemented into the ladies rooms throughout the entire place...

so they could frighten women out of the bathrooms.

They really did this. They even spent tax dollars to carry it off.

When word got out that the collective intelligence had suffered a group brain fart (after completion), what was the solution to this pr pc nightmare? Did they remove the spiders and quietly hope that people of intellect wouldn't notice and therefore not be offended?

No.

They added spiders to the men's bathrooms too, so as not to be identified as misogynists. Being identified as idiots was preferable.

This is were I live.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  16. roadhog96

roadhog96 Strat-Talker

Oct 11, 2017
    CT
    WARNING GRAPHIC MATERIAL CONTENT

Show these pictures to your spouse, your kids, grand kids, and friends. It could save their lives. Remember what this Spider looks like and be careful while cleaning, as told below.

It's summertime & cleanup is going on. Be careful where you put your hands. They like dark spaces & woodpiles.
    Also cool areas in the attic.............................................

This guy was bitten by a Brown Recluse spider.

Day 3

The following illustrates the
    Progression
    Of a brown recluse spider bite.
    The affected skin actually dies on his body.

Day 5

Some of the pictures towards the end are pretty nasty, but take a look at the last one -- it is a picture of the spider itself.

Day 6

The Brown Recluse Spider is the most
    Dangerous spider that we have here in the USA.

Day 9

A person can die from it's bite. We all should know what the spider looks like.

Day 10

Send this around to people you love, because it is almost summertime.

People will be digging around, doing yard work, spring cleaning, and sometimes in their attics.

The Dangerous Brown Recluse Spider

Spider bites are dangerous and can have permanent and highly negative consequences.

They like the darkness and tend to live in storage sheds or attics or other areas that might not be frequented by people or light.

If you have a need to be in your attic, go up there and turn on a light and leave it on for about 30 minutes before you go in to do your work.

PLEASE PASS THIS ON

200A0992-0BFC-4A3F-886C-7A7710D582E9.jpeg 277C79B6-DC83-400F-9128-501D094784F2.jpeg 8FC7C4B1-4DE0-4FA8-8037-97FEF0CDB332.jpeg F111BBA6-2BC7-4272-8437-B3547D10658E.jpeg D0ABD4F9-0BE5-444B-95B9-2D86143E938A.jpeg AF0DD4C4-0FE9-42D7-9A82-F9D3C5BE51A1.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    abnormaltoy and Chont like this.
  17. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh needs you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too. Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 10, 2014
    Initech, Inc.
    The brown recluse and black widow can kill if you’re not careful and get medical attention if you show symptoms. But yeah, nothing like some of the spiders in Australia. The Sydney Funnel Web spider is able to puncture a toenail and has venom that can kill in 30 minutes without treatment. I can’t imagine how much it would hurt to get bit by a fang that can puncture a nail, much less inject that serious a venom...

abnormaltoy and Chont like this.
  18. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh needs you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too. Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 10, 2014
    Initech, Inc.
    No photos are showing up. But yeah, tissue necrosis is a very ugly thing...

abnormaltoy likes this.
  19. Chont

Chont Senior Stratmaster

Sep 25, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    We have Lyme in my House. Went un diagnosed in my wife, my daughter and myself. Wife and daughter suffered the worst. When they finally caught it in my daughter I told my wife when she went to the Lyme doc to get tested.

I suffer from memory lapses and fatigue but otherwise I’m ok. I started noticing i was having trouble remembering names of people I worked with for 6 years.

There’s a documentary called Under our skin that’s pretty eye opening.

Strat Jacket and abnormaltoy like this.
  20. roadhog96

roadhog96 Strat-Talker

Oct 11, 2017
    CT
    Yah I had to upload each one individually because I couldn’t copy the entire thing and paste it so I numbered each photo for reference.

abnormaltoy likes this.