Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Spider-Man is having me for dinner tonight...

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Malurkey, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Dare1

Dare1 Senior Stratmaster

Feb 16, 2011
    Idaho
    I save every spider I find.

Unless it's a recluse. Took a bite on my back when I was a teen. Never again. Instant kill-upon-sight from here on out.

rcole_sooner and abnormaltoy like this.
  2. StratPlus97

StratPlus97 Senior Stratmaster

Apr 7, 2016
    USA
    A lighter and Lysol can. Torch that web in seconds...

abnormaltoy likes this.
  3. Stratbats

Stratbats Strat-Talker

Feb 16, 2018
    WV
    Holy ----! Not a fan of spiders but leave them be...

abnormaltoy likes this.
  4. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Senior Stratmaster

Feb 27, 2018
    North Central NC
    I think the records show something like 100 years since an actual death from a black widow occurred in the US. I've been bitten by a Brown Recluse and was lucky to not lose tissue from my finger, but they're not deadly unless you already have one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel. I know their bites can be much worse than mine, but they're not normally life threatening.

5. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh needs you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too. Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 10, 2014
    Initech, Inc.
    I dunno, anything that causes tissue necrosis puts you at danger for gangrene. Even if it isn’t the primary cause, if it sets off the chain reaction, it’s what killed ya.

Strat Jacket likes this.
  6. CigBurn

CigBurn Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 22, 2014
    Same Shed Different Day
    Recluse spiders aren't a concern up here in MN at least.

range.jpg

7. rolandson

rolandson Most Honored Senior Member

Used to enjoy a plethora of healthy spiders decorating my front door. And front porch.

Spouse has an issue with spiders. If she sees one she is pretty much frozen with fear. She feels the same about insects too.

i got tired of going out each morning and moving them to the bushes. i don't like to kill things.

So...My son suggested that i buy a couple ultra sonic pest repellant things, though i never really believed that they would work, I set one up on our porch.

No more spiders.

Imagine that.

8. circles

circles Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Someone close to me has Lyme, also went un-diagnosed, with unpleasant results. It is not addressed as it should be.

Chont, abnormaltoy and Strat Jacket like this.
  9. Groovey

Groovey Most Honored Senior Member

Nov 17, 2016
    NC. USA
    I leave em be...

But I don't like spiders and snakes...

Bodean and abnormaltoy like this.
  10. alainvey

alainvey Senior Stratmaster

Jan 31, 2015
    London, UK
    Yeah, sorry man but you’re obviously working for them or something.

BallisticSquid and Groovey like this.
  11. Chont

Chont Senior Stratmaster

Sep 25, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Indeed. And the test that most practitioners use is supposedly very inaccurate but it’s what the CDC approves so most doctors don’t question it.

My wife had a tick on her and wanted the standard round of treatment and the doc said it hadn’t been on her long enough. We didn’t know any better. Over the next few years all sorts of symptoms began to surface. It got so bad she could hardly function and there were times she would forget how to get home. As soon as she got proper treatment i was amazed at the turnaround.

My arthritis has gotten better since I’ve been on the meds but I still get the brain fog.

Does your friend see a Lyme doctor? It’s awful how a lot of doctors who have really made a difference in the treatment of Lyme patients have lost their practice or have to fly under the radar and not accept insurance. Ours accepted insurance for a while but just stopped.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    Strat Jacket and circles like this.
  12. henderman

henderman Most Honored Senior Member

Dec 4, 2013
    largo,fl
    I played you go that way, not this way with a Brown Recluse yesterday.

I was using contact cement so I opened a door for fresh air and it wandered in past the screen door.

I needed to get primal with it to make it retreat, but it finally took the easy way out.

Strat Jacket likes this.
  13. Lonn

Lonn Mod Admin Staff Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Admin Post
    I'm no fan of spiders but I did pass a very impressive web outside at work the other day. The base anchors were at least 10 feet apart and attached to the ground somehow and it reached up to a couple of branches that were over my head. Thankfully I didn't see the beast that made it.

14. Chont

Chont Senior Stratmaster

Sep 25, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Last month a big brown bastard spun a huge web on the top half of the doorway out to the patio. Walked right into it and did the spider web king fu. Got it all cleaned up and opened the door the next morning relieved to find no web on the top half. Walked out and realized he had done the bottom half. I captured him and released him way out back.

15. rcole_sooner

rcole_sooner Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Mar 11, 2010
    Norman, OK
    We have these barn spiders all over outside. I hit about 12 webs on the running trails too, if I am the first one through in the morning. The spiders would probably bite if pressed, but really they just want away. Eventually most learn to build their webs up higher after the webs get knocked down a few times.

[​IMG]

We have these Ariopes in the garden too. They love my tomato plants.

[​IMG]

We get a couple of these male tarantulas wondering through too. Again they really just want away and to find a mate. Most don't even eat, they just hunt for a female, who is waiting at her burrow.

[​IMG]

But brown recluse and/or black widows in and around the house get exterminated.

[​IMG]

BallisticSquid and Chont like this.
  16. rcole_sooner

Mar 11, 2010
    Norman, OK
    I do love this meme. LOL!

[​IMG]

BallisticSquid likes this.
  17. StratSounds

StratSounds Senior Stratmaster

Sep 10, 2016
    Rocky Mountain Way
    Wow, that sucker is huge! We get lots of these "Bold Jumping Spiders" around the house. They don't get very big, the largest get about the size of your thumb nail. I always thought they were a type of wolf spider, but looked em up a few years ago and found out they're not.

Cute furry little guys, if you get close they'll rear up on their hind legs and if you continue they will jump great distances to get away. I've always enjoyed having them around. They're mostly black and white, sometimes black and orange, with crazy irridescent green fangs and numerous eyes. I always thought they seemed harmless and left them alone even when I'd find one inside, and after reading up on them, they are in fact harmless to humans and apparently never bite. So despite their spooky looking fangs, if you see one of these little guys at your house, either leave it alone or take it outside, they eat gnats and other pests.

image.jpeg

18. rcole_sooner

Mar 11, 2010
    Norman, OK
    Out by my koi pond, I get these wolf spiders and this time of year they have all their babies on their back.

[​IMG]

Triple Jim and Chont like this.
  19. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Senior Stratmaster

Feb 27, 2018
    North Central NC
    They're unique that way, too. I used to ride around on the vacuum cleaner while Mom vacuumed, but she didn't carry me on her back.

Here's a different type I saw in the garden last year. It's pretty big too, with a body around 3/4" long.

yellow_striped_spider.jpg

rcole_sooner likes this.
  20. rcole_sooner

Mar 11, 2010
    Norman, OK
    ^That^ is an Argiope, like I posted above. They are beneficial and really beautiful. And, yeah, pretty big too.

Triple Jim likes this.