Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Squier Bullet Strat @ MF

Discussion in 'Squier Strat Forum' started by Rob DiStefano, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Rob DiStefano

Rob DiStefano Strat-Talker

May 5, 2006
    Park Ridge, NJ, USA
    johnnymg likes this.

2. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985 Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 14, 2013
    Alabama
    The problem I have with the Bullets, is the thin body. I'm fine with that on a Tele, but not on a Strat.

I guess I'm weird.

3. ryunker

ryunker Senior Stratmaster

Feb 18, 2014
    Crystal Lake, Il
    I believe those are the far run for gc and are full size body.

Love those

4. Rob DiStefano

May 5, 2006
    Park Ridge, NJ, USA
    they're all 1-5/8" thick, not the really thin 1-1/2".

Guitarmageddon likes this.

5. D1ethx

D1ethx Strat-Talk Member

Jan 6, 2017
    Wakefield
    If you see a good player with a squier then it’s very likely modded and as good as a strat actual.
    I’ve made two into awesome guitars and honestly that thinness and weight works out as an advantage.

6. Rob DiStefano

May 5, 2006
    Park Ridge, NJ, USA
    not all squiers are worthy of modding, but these bullets have great wood, superb necks, good finishes, and are ready to have their electronics gutted and swapped out. i've actually lost track of the number of recent bullet strats and teles i've made ready for stage and studio.

tundrawalker00, fezz parka and 1980 like this.

7. dogletnoir

dogletnoir Most Honored Senior Member

Nov 1, 2013
    northeastern usa
    i've always wanted a sea foam green strat.
    Must... resist... must... resist...

8. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Squier-A-Holic Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 19, 2014
    Windsor, Ontario, Canada
    not full thickness...but yes as always, full size normal Strat dimensions...just thinner...

9. Rob DiStefano

May 5, 2006
    Park Ridge, NJ, USA
    33 cents a day for a full year and its yers. bottle & can recycle pennies. go for it, i know ya can do it. :D

vid1900 and fezz parka like this.

10. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Strat-Talker

Dec 16, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Tempting, especially in the sea foam green, but I've already got 2 projects underway (Mosrite kit build, 70's Epiphone acoustic restoration) plus all my cigar box guitar builds. I'm not sure how many carets yet another guitar project would cost me.

11. johnnymg

johnnymg Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 5, 2015
    Central Coast Ca
    I bought one of these a few months ago and (after replacing the tuners) am blown away by it. The fit/finish on the one I got was outstanding. The pups aren't GREAT but after lowering them they actually sound pretty darn'd good.

I also really like the slightly thinner body. I wish all of my Strats had this thickness body. :thumb:

Edit update: If you do plan on getting one of these Bullets just be aware that the necks are a thinnish C profile. The one I got is .810" .868" (first and 12th fret) thick which is about 10 thou thinner than my thin MIM neck at the first fret. Not a show stopper but I personally like thickish necks. Fortunately, the width of the neck is the same as my MIM and MIA strats.

BTW, the body thickness on my Bullet is 1.60" compared to 1.75" for my MIA strat.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    Namelyguitar and Hedgehogz70 like this.

12. 1980

1980 Strat-Talker

Dec 18, 2016
    United States
    5C7329A9-5087-4220-935B-DE5A272859C0.jpeg
    I picked up one of these for $99 about a year ago. I like the thinner body and the neck is great. Stock, it is a great guitar. The only mod that was really necessary was replacing the tuners with some quality ones.

13. archetype

archetype Strat-O-Master

Nov 26, 2016
    Williamsville NY

14. brians

brians Senior Stratmaster

Nov 28, 2016
    ZA
    Resistance is futile .........

15. johnnymg

johnnymg Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 5, 2015
    Central Coast Ca
    Thanks for posting those neck numbers. As would be expected there's a little variation for the Bullet neck. I'm thinking about getting a Fiesta Red Bullet so I might have to try a couple to find the illusive (at least for me) 0.820"+ (@First fret) neck. :thumb:

16. archetype

archetype Strat-O-Master

Nov 26, 2016
    Williamsville NY
    A ten-thousandth of an inch difference at the first fret isn't perceptable. Just go by overall feel for whether you like the neck.

17. Rob DiStefano

May 5, 2006
    Park Ridge, NJ, USA
    i used to be hyper critical about neck back shape and thickness at the first fret, and about nut width. as i've gotten old(er), it just doesn't matter anymore, as it should never have mattered 50+ years ago. live - and learn (hopefully).

johnnymg likes this.

18. Rob DiStefano

May 5, 2006
    Park Ridge, NJ, USA
    now the lake placid blue is also on sale for $120.

tundrawalker00 likes this.

19. Philo426

Philo426 Strat-O-Master

Mar 16, 2017
    Struthers,ohio
    Got for Christmas abd added a Loaded Alinco V mint pick guard.Added roller string trees too,great guitar! 1519750921948.jpg 1519750921948.jpg

1980, Polarbear, valvestate and 3 others like this.

20. Rob DiStefano

May 5, 2006
    Park Ridge, NJ, USA
    $120 seafoam green bullet arrived this afternoon, immediately took it completely apart. fortunately, unlike the bullet tele's sealed tuners and their 7/16" tuner holes, the bullet strat used 1/4" junker tuners that allowed reaming out to 5/16" and adding on a set of gotoh deluxe vintage tuners after pressing in the tuner bushings with a fret and pickup bobbin press. gutted the pickguard and wired in a new "blender" circuit with CTS 250k pots (no-load tone and no-load neck pup blender), switchcraft jack added, too. wound up an srv bengal tiger trio this afternoon, vacuum potting will happen tomorrow as i've already play too much hooky from from my regular pickup/guitar shop work. it'll get strung up with my fave 11-50's and i'll take her for a shakedown ride over the weekend. if she's a keeper, i'll swap in a vintage (unbleached) bone nut and add her to the guitar stable ... what stable? oh yeah, she'll be company for my tele. house rule - no more than two guitars, one bass, and one mandolin at any one time. :)

johnnymg, Blackmore Fan and duzie like this.