Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Squire out of stock everywhere?

Discussion in 'Squier Strat Forum' started by Jesse414, Jan 4, 2019.

1. 3bolt79

3bolt79 Strat-O-Master

Oct 16, 2018
    Tacoma in two weeks
    Actually Sweetwater had more than one of the Blue VM 70's strat. I pulled the trigger on one of the demos. The grain was kind of light looking, but was better than the other one they have. The price was right at $269.00 shipped. If I don't like it I will send it back and pick from a new one. This is my first Squier. So, if it isn't very good for a veteran player, I will give it to my grandson. If it is nice I will keep it and order another one for my son. This is the test guitar. If it is good, here are other Squiers that I am curious about.

Jesse414 and johnnymg like this.
  2. johnnymg

johnnymg Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 5, 2015
    Central Coast Ca
    I should have mentioned to make sure you do that "preorder" (with hold for review) over the the phone with your sales rep. They will need a CC # but I don't think they charge it until you actually approve the shipment.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    Jesse414 likes this.
  3. 3bolt79

3bolt79 Strat-O-Master

Oct 16, 2018
    Tacoma in two weeks
    I ordered the VM 70’s strat in blue at 3 am this morning (demo) and got a call from my guy at sweet water. He just called to let me know it was being shipped. I won’t get it until Thursday or Friday. As it is a demo, I’m hoping that it will come set up to some degree, but if not I will level and recross the frets, and will set it up with Ernie Ball pure nickel 10-46. Also, I might do some mods on it. But if it sounds good and plays good, I won’t have to do much to it.

What is it about these low priced Squiers that gets those of us with better, and more expensive, guitars to buy such entry level instruments? I used to just ignore the made in Mexico and Indonesia Fender products. I used to just pass them by. I just got my first Mexican Fender last month. It was used, but is a really good guitar. I love the neck.

I played nothing but classical for the three year period prior to getting an old Stratocaster back in August. Coming from a classical journey, classical guitars in the price range of a squier are usually not worth looking at. But the value one can get I an electric guitar that is low priced is awesome.

Jesse414 and johnnymg like this.
  4. Jesse414

Jesse414 Strat-Talker

Jan 1, 2019
    Wisconsin

5. Jesse414

Jesse414 Strat-Talker

Jan 1, 2019
    Wisconsin
    I recently found a video of a guy playing one through a mesa blue angel and it sounded pretty awesome I thought. Happy you got one can't wait to see pics of yours. I started on a 100 epiphone. I got 2 Gibson's and a nice Taylor now.but I got bit buy a strat bug and I don't make near what I used to so I really love squier guutars. :)

6. 3bolt79

3bolt79 Strat-O-Master

Oct 16, 2018
    Tacoma in two weeks
    I hear you...I don’t make anywhere near what I used to. The Squiers with their low prices, look very attractive. I don’t know myself, but so many on this forum swear that they are great. I can’t imagine owning 6 or seven of them, like some of the guys on this forum, as I would rather have 1 or 2 really good, American made guitars, but I had to see for myself if a Squier would be awesome or not.

7. 3bolt79

3bolt79 Strat-O-Master

Oct 16, 2018
    Tacoma in two weeks
    Cool idea. I would totally take a trip to go wherever they would be located. Just think, you go in and select your neck and body, and your pickups and hardwear, and assemble it yourself at their facility, using their tools. I would totally do that.

The local community college offers a two trimester course on guitar building. You can build an acoustic or an electric. But every time they offer it, they don’t get enough enrollment and they wind up cancelling the class. It’s happened to me twice.

Jesse414 likes this.
  8. Jesse414

Jesse414 Strat-Talker

Jan 1, 2019
    Wisconsin
    Yea this is good idea we just need to find some guys with lotta dough for startup and arrange a meeting with fender and squier to do it

3bolt79 likes this.