Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

SRV Number One Decals

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by kaiserthegreat, Mar 5, 2012.

1. kaiserthegreat

kaiserthegreat Strat-O-Master

Oct 24, 2011
    California
    Despite the fact that both the SRV signature guitar and the Custom Shop Number One replica use the "script" SRV lettering on the pickguard, I don't think I've ever seen a picture of SRV playing Number One with that particular style of lettering. Was this style script added close to or after his death? Must have been the last thing on the guitar for the Custom Shop to have duplicated it, eh?

2. Scooch

Scooch Strat-O-Master

Feb 21, 2010
    Hot & Humid Florida
    this is what I have found about that....

Work on the SRV Strat began in the late 1980's with a plan to release a standard SRV Strat in 1989 plus a limited edition of 500 Custom Shop Artist SRV guitars. Something (perhaps Stevie's recording and touring schedule) delayed the release, and Stevie was presented with three prototypes of the guitar in June 1990, backstage before his Tonight Show performance. Stevie wanted the guitar to have his "SRV" stickers on the pickguard, but guitar tech Rene Martinez was out of them at the moment. They had the Tonight Show art staff apply white Letraset stickers to the pickguard.

3. Dare1

Dare1 Senior Stratmaster

Feb 16, 2011
    Idaho
    Scooch got it right. And here's a picture:

Attached Files:

4. kaiserthegreat

kaiserthegreat Strat-O-Master

Oct 24, 2011
    California
    So...he puts the script lettering on the prototypes and then does he change Number One to match? That's kind of hilarious if he had to modify Number One to match prototypes that were modeled after Number One. Backwards.

5. Scooch

Scooch Strat-O-Master

Feb 21, 2010
    Hot & Humid Florida
    it was 1990. I dont know why it says 04.25.86 on the overlay.

man, just watching him play that solo... so effortlessly. amazing, the guy was amazing.

sorry, I didnt mean to hijack the thread OP.

6. srvhollyfan

srvhollyfan Strat-Talker

Feb 13, 2011
    Austin, TX
    The custom shop replicas were made to look "exactly" as #1 did when SRV died. The tuners were also upgrades from that year after the neck was broken.

SRV also performed House is a Rockin on the Tonight Show

7. carver

carver The East Coast Strangler Strat-Talk Supporter

srv lives everyday.

he left his music for us so he could keep on flying.

long live srv