Warmoth.com Amplified Parts darrenriley.com Mod Kits Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Warmoth.com Amplified Parts darrenriley.com Mod Kits Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

State of the Art Strat?

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by KeithTheSnake, Dec 25, 2010.

1. KeithTheSnake

KeithTheSnake Strat-Talk Member

So I have this brother-in-law with a "state of the art" strat. What gives? Anybody ever hear of such a thing? Sorry, no pictures. It's a standard SSS configuration, 5-way selector, maple fretboard on a maple neck with a skunk stripe, body's as thick as a strat.

Anyone ever own one? I can't find anything about it on any search engines. I'd like to know more about this guitar, so please inform me.

2. gypsyseven

gypsyseven Senior Stratmaster

Nevereverheardofthat.....

3. jwhit007

jwhit007 Senior Stratmaster

Maybe it has modern tuners, trem, nut, and truss. I think a lot of people here would settle for what was "state-of-the-art" in 1954.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. miurasv

miurasv Strat-O-Master

State of the art Strat is the American Deluxe with S1 Switching, Locking Tuners, Noiseless Pick Ups etc.

6. Timmert

Timmert Senior Stratmaster

+1 :D

7. Hugh

Hugh Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

When I think of "state of the art" regarding a vintage design, I think of craftsmanship.
    Like a Ron Kirn guitar (never held one, but there is too much love in the air to doubt it)

When I think of a state of the art guitar period, I think of the Gibson Firebird X

YouTube - Gibson Firebird X - demo by Frank Johns

(logging off and hiding for a few weeks ........ )

8. John Brown

John Brown Strat-O-Master

Hugh,

Thats was just plain wrong.

9. Hugh

I know :D

10. Blackmore Fan

Blackmore Fan Senior Stratmaster

Yeah, that state of the art Gibson needs at least two more humbuckers, as well as futher exageration to the body's shape.

11. Timmert

Timmert Senior Stratmaster

12. Vintage59

Vintage59 Senior Stratmaster

KTS, there is no "state of the art" model. Your brother-in-law is merely expressing his subjective opinion about his guitar. Perhaps it's a standard model with upgraded features? Perhaps it is a special model?

You should ask him what that actual model is, where it was manufactured and exactly just what is it that makes it "state of the art".

13. Vintage59

Vintage59 Senior Stratmaster

It really needs a wah that guy can play with his foot. Does it do windows?

14. lendryesky

lendryesky Strat-O-Master

Not to sound trite (as well as too OT), but there are so many reasons why i never want to own a Gibson (again). From their piss-poor consumer relations to their business practices. The latter mostly based on how they virtually refuse to sell guitars through "small" stores. My guitar teacher owned a modest sized store and they wouldn't deal with him unless he stocked at least 50 Gibsons. This could be some hyperbole since it was hearsay. Though, I've heard elsewhere that this isn't uncommon of the neo-Gibson attitude.

I could yammer on about horrid quality control among other issues, but, eh...

15. Hugh

Ugly Gibson with a bad andy inside it aside, what is an example of a state of the art solid body electric ?

16. stratmanblues

stratmanblues Strat-Talker

same thing here

OLD BOISE GUITAR, was told the same type of crap...I have no idea what the owner was comited to before this took place, but they did come to town and told him if he didnt increase his inventory but at least 80
    Grand, they would cancel his deal and pull what invetory he had. He told them that as long as they were in the city, they might as well stay another day and he would prepare his Gibson holdings and they could take it with them when they left! LOL

17. Retroman1969

Retroman1969 Strat-O-Master

I would guess there's some truth to that.
    In all the small local guitar/music stores I've been in, they carry Fender (and often G&L too), but have yet to see one that carries any Gibsons.
    In fact the only place I've seen them is at GC and the old Mars Music, both mega-warehouse stores.

For some reason, when I hear "state of the art strat" my mind automatically pictures some wild Super Strat.
    A 1954 vintage Strat is still plenty state of the art to me. ;)

18. louis cyfer

louis cyfer i know nothing

several stores here in la went through this too. i believe they said it was a 50k limit they had to order. it was not a specific number of guitars. also they had a minimum $ to sell a year. so everyone dropped them like a bad habbit

19. KeithTheSnake

KeithTheSnake Strat-Talk Member

I'm sorry, I should have made clear in my original post that "state of the art" appears on the headstock according to the brother-in-law; and that no other identification appears on the guitar. Wierd, I know, but that's what he says.

20. boof

boof Senior Stratmaster

pics?????

21. Retroman1969

Retroman1969 Strat-O-Master