Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Strat block info

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by miveli, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

May 21, 2010
    Sheffield, UK
    Good luck with that.

kurher, Textele and miveli like this.
  2. miveli

miveli Strat-Talk Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Serbia
  3. Thrup'ny Bit

May 21, 2010
    Sheffield, UK
    That's what I'd use if I had to replace the bridge on one of my guitars.

miveli likes this.
  4. kurher

kurher Strat-Talk Member

Oct 2, 2017
    Greece
  5. Thrup'ny Bit

May 21, 2010
    Sheffield, UK
    Elvie and miveli like this.
  6. miveli

miveli Strat-Talk Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Serbia
    Thrup'ny Bit likes this.
  7. Rufustelestrat

Rufustelestrat Senior Stratmaster

I sure hope the bridge is not providing the sound. That should be from the pickups. The block can change the sustain, in theory.
    R

8. The Ballzz

The Ballzz Senior Stratmaster

Feb 26, 2014
    LAS VEGAS , NV
    I use my floating wiggle stick a lot, all the time, in fact. Floating is one key to tuning stability when using the tremolo. There are other ways claimed, but I've found that a properly set up, lubed and adjusted floater is the easiest to keep stable! Of course this means always having the arm installed to give a bump when needing to get back to home base of being in tune.

With that said, I'm personally less concerned about the material of the block than I am with:

A) Mounting screws match the spacing of the current bridge, Not all 6-screw bridges are the same!
    B) String/saddle spacing is the same as the current bridge. Again, not all 6-screw bridges are the same and not all (but many) have the mounting screw spacing match the string/saddle spacing! You gotta do your research and take accurate measurements on this and the above items!
    C) I prefer to not have the tremolo arm loosely dangling, but instead, just enough tension to keep it in usage position, but little enough tension for my little finger to flick it into and out of position.
    My whole point here is that if you're going to bother with the effort and expense of upgrading, it will behoove you to research it to death, so you end up with "exactly" what will work best for you, in the long run! Yes, there are a lot of little, picayune details and options to wade through, but if you play a lot and love your tremolo, the research will be well worth your time & effort!

The Callaham stuff is very popular, but quite pricey and not sure of availability in your are. Also, it does not really blow me away. Wudtone makes what looks like a very nice product and there are multiple offerings from Wilkinson and Gotoh. Read, research and don't be afraid to ask detailed questions about prospective choices! Many of the various options are targeted towards different preferences and desires of different players.

Happy Wigglin'
    Gene

miveli, skypeace and StillAlive&Well like this.
  9. CyFan4036

CyFan4036 Strat-Talker

Mar 22, 2018
    Iowa
    I've been wanting to try a Coherent Sound and Light Sophia 2.22. I think the 2.92 is what you'd be looking for.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  10. mutato

mutato Senior Stratmaster

Jul 10, 2007
    RI
    I have my two mid 70’s Strats plus my mid 80’s AVRI ‘62 and they sound close to each other. Just enjoy them and don’t bother to look for minute tonal differences with block changes. Etc

miveli and Thrup'ny Bit like this.