Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Strat Build: Guard, Knobs, PU Covers

Discussion in 'DIY Strat Forum' started by jchabalk, Oct 9, 2018.

1. jchabalk

jchabalk Strat-Talk Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Northern California
    I'm trying to figure out which colors to get and am realizing i'm pretty ignorant ;)

The body color will be Charcoal Frost Metallic, the neck is maple with rosewood board. I want to go with white, parchment, or mint (rather than a darker color or pearl)

I'm thinking 3-ply mint guard with parchment knobs and pu covers. I've been looking at pictures and I don't know if this is a good combo. Should they all match?

I'm shopping callaham but not tied to them.

2. heltershelton

heltershelton ASKED TO LEAVE THE STAGE Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 5, 2013
    Not Florida
  3. jchabalk

Apr 17, 2011
    Northern California
    that's kind of where my head's at too.

4. Tone Deaf

Tone Deaf Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

Feb 12, 2009
    New Jersey, USA
    Did a little looking and found some photos.

I THINK the first one is a mint PG ( but not quite sure )

Then a White PG

Then a TortoiseShell PG

Last, A Black PG on a Fender Charcoal Frost Metallic Bass
    ChrFrostMet_Mint.jpg CharFrostMet _ White.jpg CharFrostMet_tort.jpg CharFrostMet_Bass_Blk.jpg

I really thought that the Mint Guard would look awful, but I REALLY like it the best

5. jchabalk

Apr 17, 2011
    Northern California
    I think i've seen that picture too and that's the look i like the best. from my digging the range of green in the mint plastics seems to be all over the place. I really don't like the ones that are overly green, but that first picture you attached is ideal to me.

This is my first part sourcing parts for a strat and i'm still getting used to the options on plastics.

6. sumran

sumran Fan of Leo

Mar 7, 2010
    Gainesville, FL
    I love the charcoal frost color. But I have found it a hard color to work with traditional Strat components. It is a subjective issue. But I don’t like the vintage tint maple with that body color, even though I prefer it with most other colors. I am usually a fan of mint green, but not so much with charcoal. I do like parchment with it. To this point, I have always given up on finding the right combo and built something else.