Warmoth.com Amplified Parts darrenriley.com Mod Kits Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Warmoth.com Amplified Parts darrenriley.com Mod Kits Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Strat neck dimensions

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by davidgoerndt, May 19, 2009.

1. davidgoerndt

davidgoerndt New Member!

May 19, 2009
    Orlando, Florida
    I'm helping a friend build a Strat copy and we've run into a problem with the neck dimensions. I used the pdf files on the Fender web site to start the project. I scaled the drawing to known neck dimensions but we've run into a small problem. The neck has the correct nut width and heel dimensions, however, the length is too short. We purchased a fingerboard from Stewart-MacDonald and the fingerboard and the neck drawing are off. I'm assuming the fingerboard is correct for a 25.5" scale neck. Can someone tell me what the proper length of the neck should be? I have a MIM Strat and from the front of the nut to the heel measures 470mm (18.5").