Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Strat Pics

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by ne4tt, Apr 30, 2006.

1. Tanqueray

Tanqueray Strat-Talk Member

May 15, 2012
    Bay Area, CA

2. eastcoastchili

eastcoastchili New Member!

Nov 15, 2016
    CA
    [​IMG]

Mrtwotoneburst and Fendereedo like this.

3. Mrtwotoneburst

Mrtwotoneburst Strat-Talk Member

Nov 17, 2016
    Seneca mo
    Nice to see another ej player on the forum. Beautiful guitar.they are amazing

4. dueducs

dueducs Strat-O-Master

Here are my girls...
    The strap on the sunburst is signed by none other than Buddy Guy from a show I saw around 1992

20160323_175410.jpg Aug 2016.jpg DSC_5726.JPG DSC_5729.JPG

5. Dreadge

Dreadge Strat-Talker

Jul 27, 2012
    Serbia
    Hello there. This will be my first official post of my guitar.
    I have few, but this one is new, and special to me.
    Recently, about few mounts ago, I've acquired a Standard MiM from the 2001 in light blue. Hope I got it right.
    The guitar itself was rather left out and it looks like it wasn't used for maybe 10 years. Instead, it stood in a corner as a decorative piece, rather than an actual instrument.
    The previous owner, played it maybe a few times that year he bought it and left it to stay unplayed for so long.
    It had all maple neck. It was good.
    The guitar itself needed much love, because I figured it out why he didn't played it much. Maybe he though it didn't played good, but then again, he didn't do absolutely nothing to it since he got it.
    I got it for a good deal, and did a good job making it sound great again.
    Eventually, I had a EMG SL20 board laying around and swapped it with those stock MiM pickups.
    It improved a sound a bit, but nothing special, since I do HATE EMGs.

Few weeks ago, I've bought a USA Strat neck from 84, that was in a worst condition evaaa. It looks like it was played by a really dirty man in a dirt hole. The frets were bad, the wood had some dents here and there, and it had multiple stains on the bottom of the neck, that were just... icky. BLJAK.

But, lucky for me I have an amazing friend over the www.ilianni.com and the guy made wonders out of it.
    Here are the results...
    I'm enjoying it so much right now! :D 20160813_151742.jpg
    20161219_180420.jpg

Sometimes in the near future I will be swapping those pickups and make a HS SD configuration.
    A JB in the bridge and a SSL4 in the neck with a black pickguard.

Cheers folks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016

6. Anderonn

Anderonn Strat-Talker

Dec 22, 2016
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Here's my baby! No second tone control. However, what you see is a Parallel/Series switch for the Humbucker pickup and the actual tone control has access to all the pickups.

[​IMG]

Fendereedo and Mrtwotoneburst like this.

7. Fred Phuque

Fred Phuque Strat-Talker

Nov 24, 2016
    Nashville, TN
    This is my latest...It is by far the best sounding and playing Strat I've ever had.

20161203_150214_resized.jpg

8. psy3ntist

psy3ntist New Member!

Dec 20, 2016
    U.K.
    IMG_2404.JPG I've had a Squire since 1997 and just got a 2008 American Standard :) Love it!

9. Family Man

Family Man Strat-O-Master

What model is this? Love the translucent finish and the fact that it is a hardtail! I must know!

Edit: I now see the SRV signature on the headstock. Aftermarket body? MJT?

dueducs likes this.

10. Fenderfan Holland

Fenderfan Holland Strat-Talk Member

Sep 21, 2016
    Beekbergen Holland
    My Fender Collection: 60 th.Anniversary Stratocaster 2014, Fender Bullet 1981, Fender Fatstrat 2002, Fender Precision Bass. Amp. Fender Vibrosonic 1977, and Fender Stratocaster 1962 Slab full Original.

20161028_154436.jpg 20161028_154454.jpg [

Attached Files:

Family Man, Fendereedo, ocean and 4 others like this.

11. Tdub

Tdub Strat-Talker

Jan 7, 2011
    Michigan
    2009 Kenny Wayne Shepherd Strat.
    IMG_7211.JPG

2000 Super Strat Deluxe
    IMG_7393.JPG

12. dueducs

dueducs Strat-O-Master

This is a replica 1959 Mary Kaye blonde with gold hardware that I built this year from (mostly) Fender pieces. My sort of dream guitar since I cannot afford an original. It started life as an early 60s model, but I used an 8-hole 3-ply pickguard which would have been too late for an early 60s model, so I modified it to a 9-hole (not shown in the pix) and called it a '59.
    Pinehouse Guitars did the body in thin blonde nitro; it has a period-correct full electronic shield under the guard. It's been modernized with electronics taken from a 1999 SRV model using Texas Special pups (middle pup reverse wound), a 5-way selector switch that came with a '62 AVRI, & an SRV poly covered neck (for greater long-term durability). The other Strat is a mid-80s AVRI and I love it, but this Mary Kaye replica is really a great great guitar. Sounds great, looks great (IMO).. and I don't have to worry about every little ding on it.

Fendereedo and Family Man like this.

13. dueducs

dueducs Strat-O-Master

14. TimmyTSkins03

TimmyTSkins03 Strat-Talker

Nov 21, 2016
    US
    The triple Humbucker MIM Strat (Janice!) and the evil tele (not yet named due to lack of pickups)! All your guitars look great btw. Some really cool stuff out there! Keep rocking gents and ladies!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Fendereedo and ocean like this.

15. JonM

JonM New Member!

Dec 30, 2008
    Reading, UK
    Just got a 2016 Deluxe Strat, plays really nice

Attached Files:

16. BassmanM

BassmanM Strat-Talk Member

Dec 12, 2016
    Germany
    2014 American Standard

20161218_133042.jpg

17. navigate40

navigate40 Strat-Talk Member

Jan 2, 2017
    SE FL
    2015 MIM Standard Strat. Bought new in 2016. LOVE IT.

Color should be Arctic white with a parchment pick guard....but, really looks like Olympic white and a mint green pick guard. Tried to get the color correct in the pic...I like it a lot.

Wasn't sure about the MIM pups at first, they are not as hot as the Duncan Designed ones I had on a Squire VM. But...with the right settings, I now like them quite a bit.

Had gone in looking for one in LPB. Also like Daphne blue and surf green (for a surf model)...but kept coming back to white. I can see how this could become an addiction. Let's hope I get good enough to justify another model. It could be a surf strat in surf green.

strat2.jpg

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    Fendereedo, ocean, circles and 2 others like this.

18. Mrtwotoneburst

Mrtwotoneburst Strat-Talk Member

Nov 17, 2016
    Seneca mo
    Nah man it sounds smooth lol