Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Stratocaster 62 Reissue MIJ

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by playah, Jun 13, 2018.

1. playah

playah New Member!

Jun 13, 2018
    Australia
    Hi all, I am currently looking at a MIJ Strat that the seller has listed as a 94-95 ST62 with a supposed alder body and American TX pickups (T serial, Made in Japan).

However it seems based on the serial number (starting with T0) and bold font style (from previous threads e.g. one here), there is varying information that this could also be made during the production run of 2007-10 (which came with a basswood body instead?)

Based on the attached pics, would you guys have any thoughts as to which it is, and whether there is any difference in value between the two?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

May 21, 2010
    Sheffield, UK
    It doesn't look anything like the serial number on my 95 T ST54. I dont think 2007 look like that either, but I'm not sure.

3. Yves

Yves Senior Stratmaster

Jan 2, 2016
    London
    Difficult to tell much at all. Those pics have rather low resolution.
    How much do they want for it?
    @Guitarmageddon may be able to tell a bit more..

Guitarmageddon likes this.

4. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

May 21, 2010
    Sheffield, UK
    I wonder why there is no headstock shown? We definitely need better photos to get a real idea.

Welcome to the forum @playah

Yves likes this.

5. Yves

Yves Senior Stratmaster

Jan 2, 2016
    London
    That crossed my mind...
    Yes more and higher resolution pics. Close-ups of the neck pocket + pickup routings and bottom of pickups would help establish the wood and pickups type.

Guitarmageddon likes this.

6. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Squier-A-Holic Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 19, 2014
    Windsor, Ontario, Canada
    Welcome to the forum!

The year it's made has nothing to do with whether or not the body is alder or basswood...BOTH were sold simultaneously at different price points...the only way to know is to open it up....

Lower end ones had basswood bodies and ceramic pickups, the higher end ones in the mid 1990s had alder bodies and Texas Special pickups, some mid level had basswood bodies and Texas Specials too....

The guitar IS from 1994/95....not 2007-10 (I don't think, but I've been wrong before)

We need more pics to authenticate it though....and higher resolution.....

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    stratman323 and Yves like this.

7. playah

playah New Member!

Jun 13, 2018
    Australia
    Thanks for all the comments and welcome messages!

I attached a few more pics that were made available to me (going to see the actual thing over the weekend) - can't really do too much about the resolution unfortunately...

@Yves this did cross my mind and I'll mention it to the seller to see if they are willing to help me check.
    Price comes in at around USD500 (taking into account some cosmetic damage that I am fine with)

lineboat likes this.

8. Yves

Yves Senior Stratmaster

Jan 2, 2016
    London
    Based on those pics all seems ok to me. As said before, would need to have sight of routing cavities and neck pocket to tell what wood/pickups you've got there. The pickups poles are staggered as they should for a set of Texas Specials.
    500usd doesn't sound like a steal, neither obviously over priced. Depends what's the market for these is like where you are.
    Best wishes,