Warmoth.com Amplified Parts darrenriley.com Mod Kits Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Warmoth.com Amplified Parts darrenriley.com Mod Kits Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Strats made in China

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by shreddocaster, May 9, 2011.

1. shreddocaster

shreddocaster New Member!

Does anyone know anything about the Stratocasters that are made in China?

2. fenson

fenson ----------------------

The Squier CV are and they are great guitars.

3. AncientAx

AncientAx Senior Stratmaster

The CV Squiers are great guitars !

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. fenson

6. miurasv

miurasv Strat-O-Master

The Squier Stratocasters are excellent guitars. Like many here I think the Classic Vibes are fabulous.

7. CapeRR

CapeRR Strat-O-Master

Yep I've got 3 of them!!

8. shreddocaster

shreddocaster New Member!

I have a Squier strat made in India. Its awsome. I want to get a CV 60s

9. GaryM

GaryM Strat-Talker

Went to Guitar Denter and checked out Chinese Strats just last night. The Classic Vibe 60's Strat is stellar. High quality, good alnico pickups and a great neck. Seemed expensive for a Chinese Strat.

The Affinity's were all over the place. A tad heavy and the neck profiles were slightly different on each guitar. The necks were too skinny for me.

The Bullet series were nice & light. The bodies were about 41mm thick instead of the standard 41mm. This made them light weight and a little more resonant acoustically. The necks varied a lot in thickness but the frets were excellent. The best one left in the store was pink and because of that, I held off. The Bullet is the most bang for the buck.

Squier Standard - good quality and alnico pickups. I didn't like the large headstock and skinny neck.

Gary

10. miurasv

miurasv Strat-O-Master

I'm quite surprised you think the 'stellar' CV60 'seemed expensive for a Chinese Strat' given the 'high quality, good alnico pickups and a great neck.'

11. GaryM

GaryM Strat-Talker

At $350, I would probably opt for a used MIM Standard. It's my price break point.

YMMV

12. softwarejanitor

softwarejanitor Most Honored Senior Member

You can't really compare used vs. new... except for the fact that you hardly ever see a CV for sale used. There is a huge glut of MIMs on the used market lately.

The thing these days is that the CV actually seems equal to an MIM Standard in quality and it is feature wise more "vintage like". The comparable vintage featured MIMs are usually more expensive, although they seem to take more of a hit when they show up used. Anyway, I prefer the alnico pickups of the CV... and both of them need a new full size steel trem block...

13. fenson

When did they start making the MIM in China :confused: thought the thread was about MIC strats .:p

How about a used CV they come in at 200-250

14. JuSteve

JuSteve Strat-Talk Member

My 50's CV is a truly wonderful sounding and playing guitar. The only penalty is the decal on the headstock and bargain basement price. You don't often see them 2nd hand very often, because their usually a "keeper."

15. miurasv

miurasv Strat-O-Master

I think really it would have been fairer for you to say that $350 is more than you want to spend rather than saying the CV is expensive new at $350. It's the best bang for buck Stratocaster ever made.

16. Tele like it is

Tele like it is Left is right! Strat-Talk Supporter

The CV's, by all reports, are great (I can't try them as they won't make any lefties!). The other Chinese Squiers are up and down the scale; some good, some less good.

I do really like the CII (Indonesian) Squiers for quality and build. Same basic price point.

17. fenson

In the last year i have bought 3 used and they is another in my local want ads . I have sold 2 myself , and there is a P-Bass F/S colse by. Also a number of them have passed through the classifieds here as well.

Often you can get one thats been modded. I got a CAR 60 with Fender F neck plate, Callaham block and saddles , CTS pots and Oak 5way , orange drop cap . with a old moulded case for 350 .
    The CV 50 I have stock was 220.

18. BHighkin

BHighkin Senior Stratmaster

I've got a classic vibe. Great guitar. Generally regarded as best guitar for the money. Cheap, Fantastic build quality, AlNiCo pickups standard, Thin, Fast neck, all around GREAT guitar. A real strat for a good price!

19. Stratoholic

Stratoholic Senior Stratmaster

As a lefty, with a lefty flipped CV 50's I can say they are great, no they're not great, they're incredible. Sometimes you just have to make sacrifices.

20. Tele like it is

Tele like it is Left is right! Strat-Talk Supporter

Been making sacrafices since I started playing... Which is why I started building!

21. Astro1176

Astro1176 Senior Stratmaster

Love my MIC CV, and I gotta say I was also astonished at the quality of construction, fit and fretwork on my gf's Bullet Strat. Hardware on the Bullet is not great, but it works well enough on a guitar that was £70 new!