Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Studio One Remote on my Kindle

Discussion in 'Home Recording Studio' started by Dadocaster, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Dadocaster

Dadocaster Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

OK, so the Kindle is a decent android tablet and it's super cheap since it helps get you used to being a cyborg slave of Amazon. The drawback is that you don't have access to Google Play and their offerings. I am not a good comp/tablet hacker but I have done tech support long enough to follow a set of instructions. So I managed to put Google Play on my Kindle, got the Studio One remote app and it works. I am pleased.

One of the worst things about being a self recordist is getting yourself wrapped up in cords and cables and running back and forth adjusting things on the DAW and then smacking a drum, picking a guitar, running back to the daw to set a level, then hitting record, screwing up, jumping up and running back to the DAW. Now I will have the Kindle with me and do those tasks with less frustration.

[​IMG]

2. GuitarPix

GuitarPix Senior Stratmaster

Oct 21, 2013
    Calgary
    I use an iPad for that, but yes very handy tool for self recording

3. Twelve8

Twelve8 Strat-O-Master

Dec 5, 2015
    Sheffield, UK
    Nice hack Dado. I use the Logic Remote on my iPad and it's no doubt saved me countless guitar-dings and trips.

4. Dadocaster

It has come to my attention recently that some find it to be some kind of character flaw if I admit to being cheap. But, I am cheap. Was happy to get this working without having to buy anything. :D

5. Twelve8

Twelve8 Strat-O-Master

Dec 5, 2015
    Sheffield, UK
    Finding a technical solution to a problem without spending a penny more is smart, not cheap! :thumb:

Stratbats likes this.

6. Dadocaster

Possibly smeap.

7. Dadocaster

I am very excited. Just about to try out the remote while I track some drums.

8. Dadocaster

A lot easier with the remote. Sitting at the drum kit with transport controls and such is SO MUCH FASTER.