Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Studio One Remote on my Kindle

Discussion in 'Home Recording Studio' started by Dadocaster, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Dadocaster

Dadocaster Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

OK, so the Kindle is a decent android tablet and it's super cheap since it helps get you used to being a cyborg slave of Amazon. The drawback is that you don't have access to Google Play and their offerings. I am not a good comp/tablet hacker but I have done tech support long enough to follow a set of instructions. So I managed to put Google Play on my Kindle, got the Studio One remote app and it works. I am pleased.

One of the worst things about being a self recordist is getting yourself wrapped up in cords and cables and running back and forth adjusting things on the DAW and then smacking a drum, picking a guitar, running back to the daw to set a level, then hitting record, screwing up, jumping up and running back to the DAW. Now I will have the Kindle with me and do those tasks with less frustration.

[​IMG]

2. GuitarPix

GuitarPix Senior Stratmaster

Oct 21, 2013
    Calgary
    I use an iPad for that, but yes very handy tool for self recording

3. Twelve8

Twelve8 Strat-O-Master

Dec 5, 2015
    Sheffield, UK
    Nice hack Dado. I use the Logic Remote on my iPad and it's no doubt saved me countless guitar-dings and trips.

4. Dadocaster

It has come to my attention recently that some find it to be some kind of character flaw if I admit to being cheap. But, I am cheap. Was happy to get this working without having to buy anything. :D

5. Twelve8

Twelve8 Strat-O-Master

Dec 5, 2015
    Sheffield, UK
    Finding a technical solution to a problem without spending a penny more is smart, not cheap! :thumb:

Stratbats likes this.
  6. Dadocaster

Possibly smeap.

7. Dadocaster

I am very excited. Just about to try out the remote while I track some drums.

8. Dadocaster

A lot easier with the remote. Sitting at the drum kit with transport controls and such is SO MUCH FASTER.