Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Tele choices

Discussion in 'Telecaster/Esquire Forum' started by Strat Jacket, Jun 11, 2018.

1. RB522

RB522 Strat-Talker

Nov 23, 2017
    Wisconsin
    In this day and age, they are a real stand out store. It's really the only place I'll make a major purchase. Besides, I'd rather support local than give to a corporate chain. Now that I live out in Burlington, I probably closer to Guitar Center, but I always drive back to Kenosha for my music purchases.

Strat Jacket likes this.
  2. Strat Jacket

Strat Jacket Senior Stratmaster

May 11, 2018
    Illinois
    I hear you on that!

RB522 likes this.
  3. JohnnyL

JohnnyL Strat-O-Master

Dec 25, 2010
    Israel
    A. Squier's tuners and switches always feel crude to me. Beyond that - nice guitars.
    B. Never played one.
    C. Almost any used MIM is under 500. I'm a fan of MIM guitars. Even if I don't own one.
    D. My Tele is a USACG build. It's a much more expenssive path than finding a used MIM and upgrading the electronics.

4. MrPoppa2

MrPoppa2 Senior Stratmaster

Apr 5, 2011
    Sun City, Az.
    The big shock in Teles, is the Squier Affinity Tele, in fact no other Tele has more demos on YouTube, most will say that it is a crazy nice Tele. The Squier is a hard tail with no string thru body, and the ceramic pickups are a marvel. The best thing is the price tag, around 250 bucks. Watch Damons review on YouTube...............Poppa

5. BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid Senior Stratmaster

Oct 12, 2016
    US

This seems to be coming up a bit lately. I got the G&L ASAT Tribute in Olympic White a year ago. After a setup and cleaning up of the frets, it's a fantastic guitar!

Strat Jacket and Nadnitram like this.
  6. Strat Jacket

May 11, 2018
    Illinois
    Tell me about the ASAT. I've been looking at them as well.

7. Strat Jacket

May 11, 2018
    Illinois
    Still waiting...the
    It does look promising, price is right, too.
    I still want to try out the Classic Vibe Teles first though...if they EVER come in. (LGS promised end of June. Well??? (tapping foot..)
    Plus, that one has the six individual saddles...I would actually prefer the 3 barrel saddle setup...but we'll see. Thanks for the heads-up, I'll definitely keep this one in mind.

8. Strat Jacket

May 11, 2018
    Illinois
    To quote Scooby Doo...
    Ruh Row.
    I done it now!
    I went to the LGS with the intention of checking on the status of the Classic Vibe Teles, and if they hadn't come in, to do some horse trading.
    They hadn't come in. In fact, they still had not been ordered yet.
    Hmmm. Let's see what we have on the wall here?

Oh, honey...look what followed me home? Can I keep it, pleasepleaseplease?

MIM Tele, Lake Placid Blue w/maple fretboard.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Actually, she hasn't seen it yet. And when she does, she will ask, "When did you get THAT guitar?" And I will look at her like she's nuts and say "Geez...a LONG time ago!" Hopefully it will be true by then.

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 28, 2011
    Pawnee, Indiana
    Dang. Lake placid blue is one of the finest fender colors for sure. Looks awesome on that tele.

billybuck likes this.
  10. Bob the builder

Bob the builder Senior Stratmaster

May 2, 2016
    Cranston, Rhode Island
    Sometimes ya can't say no

Strat Jacket likes this.
  11. Strat Jacket

May 11, 2018
    Illinois
    Sometimes you SHOULDN'T say no.

12. Lone Woof

Lone Woof Senior Stratmaster

Nov 30, 2014
    WI
    Good choice for a first Tele. It was between one of these (LPB, too) and a used Road Worn 50s for my son. They were both great, but he chose the Road Worn.

13. Strat Jacket

May 11, 2018
    Illinois
    They had a Brad Paisley 'worn' Tele there...it looked ridiculous. Laughably so. Looks like someone took a nice guitar to a belt sander. It doesn't even resemble wear to my eyes.

nuculer terrist likes this.
  14. Strat Jacket

May 11, 2018
    Illinois
    Well, we passed the first test tonight...had both the Strat and the Tele out (was playing for some time!) and the wifey walks in to ask me a question with "Bluebelle" leaning up against my desk, plugged in. "Green Meany" was perched up against the recliner...she never noticed either one. Our little secret is safe for now...:whistling:

nuculer terrist likes this.
  15. Morf2540

Morf2540 Strat-Talker

Nov 8, 2017
    Philadelphia, PA
    Well, they're $800. Still a wad of cash.

16. Morf2540

Morf2540 Strat-Talker

Nov 8, 2017
    Philadelphia, PA
    You can find used MIM teles for under $500 all day long. Not long ago I took one in a trade for an amp, and to be honest it played and sounded every bit as good as my American standard tele. I ended up trading the MIM for another guitar, but would have been perfectly happy keeping it and playing it.

Strat Jacket likes this.
  17. stratman323

stratman323 Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    You can find used Baja Teles for around £400 over here.

18. stratman323

stratman323 Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    No they weren't, they were designed by Leo Fender around 1950. Someone associated with the Custom Shop may have made a few small tweaks (decent pickups, S1 switch) but that doesn't make the Baja anything remotely close to a "new design". It's still recognisably exactly the same design that Leo first invented shortly after WWII, you can't give anyone other than Leo the credit for designing it - it's a Telecaster!!

If another company had "designed" the Baja Tele & tried to sell it as a new design, Fender's lawyers would take them to court & argue that it was actually an existing design with some minor modifications. And they would win.

The James Burton Tele is a far more radical re-think of the Telecaster than the Baja is, but nobody claims that Burton "designed" it. It's a Tele.

Thrup'ny Bit likes this.