Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Tele choices

Discussion in 'Telecaster/Esquire Forum' started by Strat Jacket, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

May 21, 2010
    Sheffield, UK
    I think designed means something different these days. Which bits to take out of the parts bin and screw together has become design. Using vintage stagger pickups with a flat 12" radius board tell me that the custom shop "designer" of that classic player is a genius...

henderman likes this.
  2. stratman323

stratman323 Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    If ever there was a "re-design" in Fender's history, it was the American Standard Strat. That was actually quite a radical re-think of Leo's design to suit players in the second half of the century. It was more radical than any of the Classic Player range. And it's been very successful. Yet it never gets credited as being "designed" by anybody.

Dual standards, if you'll pardon the pun.

3. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

May 21, 2010
    Sheffield, UK
    Yes, I would have to agree, it was as far from a "standard" Strat as you could get back then.

4. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Senior Stratmaster

I love reading these threads and seeing the mob jump in and push people towards one particular sticker. I am glad the OP got out and found one he liked and didn't get shamed into buying something because of the mob's mentality. I can chirp in and say the Baja's are great guitars. I lean towards thicker necks, and the 50s version has a marvelous one. But the best thing going in tele pickups right now is a set of Lindy Fralin Blues Specials. I have a set in my Carolinaeasy Custom Shop tele and it is the best sounding tele I have ever encountered. But don't take my word for it, go out and try out guitars. Sometimes the craziest thing will call to you.

https://www.fralinpickups.com/product/blues-special-telecaster/

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    Strat Jacket likes this.
  5. Strat Jacket

Strat Jacket Senior Stratmaster

May 11, 2018
    Illinois
    A little follow-up here...
    It's been a couple months with 'Bluebelle' now, and quite honestly, I couldn't be happier with it. Some guitars just grow on you, and this is one of them. It simply plays like an absolute dream, and amazingly, stays in rock-solid tune regardless of how hard I thrash it. I am finding myself sitting to play for a few minutes and having those minutes turn into hours. Anybody who claims that the MiM stuff is sub-par or inferior to the MiA stuff is either far more critical than I am, or is making a blanket judgement because of a past experience. This one is showing zero signs of fretboard wear (unlike my early millennium MiM Strat) and I really love the Lake Placid Blue color. Zero regrets at this point on the choice or what I paid for it; well worth the money.

BallisticSquid likes this.
  6. Dick Blackmore

Dick Blackmore Strat-O-Master

Jan 10, 2017
    San Diego
    MiM Baja Tele is about the best price point for Teles and quality IMHO. I also really like the Nashville Deluxe Tele which comes in under a grand as well.