Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Tele won't fit in new G&G Deluxe case

Discussion in 'Other Guitar Discussion' started by Lone Woof, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Lone Woof

Lone Woof Senior Stratmaster

Nov 30, 2014
    WI
    IMG_0397.JPG IMG_0398.JPG IMG_0399.JPG Splurged on a B-stock G&G case, only to find its about an inch to short inside for a Tele. It's supposed to be their Strat/Tele sized case, but to get the guitar in you have to put the headstock in first, then push down and backwards to get the body in the case. It's such a tight fit that the high E tuner is pushed out of tune.

Apparently, others have complained of this same problem. Has anyone here experienced this? If so, is there a good workaround, or did the foam blocks compress over time to make it less of a hassle putting your guitar in the case?

I'm on the fence about returning this until I get some feedback. Photos attached.

2. Silverstrat69

Silverstrat69 Strat-Talker

Jun 11, 2018
    USA
    The foam will compress over time to better fit your guitar. I thought mine was too tight at first but like you said if you put the headstock in first it will fit. Mines a strat though, and doesn't rest on the tuner like yours does. Theres acutally a little gap right there where the high e tuner rests in mine, and looks like yours has the foam going all the way across. Still looks like a nice case though, you could try clamping the foam down overnight to see if it compresses some.

coloradojeff and Lone Woof like this.
  3. coloradojeff

coloradojeff Strat-Talker

Mar 9, 2012
    Colorado
    I ordered a new Fender case for my G&L Legacy (Strat). Same issue. After a while the foam compresses and fits just fine. Just for grins I tried it in both my G&L cases with the same issues. You'd think it would work the first time!

Lone Woof likes this.
  4. John C

John C Senior Stratmaster

Jul 17, 2012
    Kansas City
    I once had a Fender Select Tele that came in a G&G case; I had that same issue with it detuning the high E string (the Select Tele had Fender locking tuners so the buttons were a bit larger than those on vintage-style tuners).

I recently got a Fender Player Tele; wound up buying a Roadrunner tweed case for it primarily because it was the nicest case that the local GC had in stock at the time; price is the same as a Fender Pro Series. Since it's a center pocket there is plenty of room at the headstock (and it doesn't move around, either). The case is perfectly rectangular; it looks odd due to the angle and the cell phone photo:

[​IMG]

Lone Woof likes this.
  5. Bladesg

Bladesg Senior Stratmaster

Oct 31, 2013
    Australia
    return it

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  6. stratman323

stratman323 Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    Those G&G cases are so over-rated. I almost never use mine, there are much better cases available than those.

7. ChrisD

ChrisD Strat-Talker

Oct 22, 2011
    Ireland
    If i ever buy a guitar that doesn't come with a case I buy Gator cases. Never had an issue with any of them. If i bought a new case and had to force my guitar into it i'd return it.

stratman323 likes this.