Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Thanks for letting me part of the forum guys,..

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by The-Kid, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Robins

Robins Dr. von Loudster Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 22, 2010
    Germany
    It is always a good thing being an individual character. It makes you special in a way.
    I prefer that alot over all the the other unified PC "Gutmenschen" that give a **** about others.
    You are one of the good guys.
    Rock on \m/

Life is good,
    Robin

Neil.C, The-Kid and Bodean like this.

2. Yaralag

Yaralag Senior Stratmaster

Well we can’t vote you off the island so I guess we have to let you hang around. Hang in there brother! :D

The-Kid likes this.

3. tery

tery Most Honored Senior Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Tennessee
    We're a family ... we are all in this together :):)

4. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 17, 2017
    Lost
    Forums sometimes are my contact with the outside world. I don't get out much anymore but besides health reasons and far from a socialite, forums work for me. I cant add to much knowledge but I sure enjoy the posts. Great place to hang out.......

The-Kid and tery like this.

5. heltershelton

heltershelton ASKED TO LEAVE THE STAGE Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 5, 2013
    Not Florida
    I just come here to get your expert knowledge on...um....everything.:sneaky:

Mansonienne and The-Kid like this.

6. newplayeroldguy

newplayeroldguy in the wind

May 12, 2015
    north and east
    I think we're all a bit deranged, and that makes for an interesting bunch of coconuts.

The-Kid and strat_strummer like this.

7. aiabx

aiabx Strat-O-Master

Nov 27, 2013
    Toronto
    Don't thank us. You know who made you part of the forum? You did. Just being here and being part of the show. Thanks for making it a more interesting place.

The-Kid and Polarbear like this.

8. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 17, 2017
    Lost
    OH THANK GOD, I've been wanting to be a coconut ever since I was a kid.......:confused:
    th.jpg

amstratnut, tery and The-Kid like this.

9. The-Kid

The-Kid Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Feb 15, 2014
    SO CAL USA
    Yeah thanks guys I feel I can talk about this because Ive gotten the confidence and strenght from you guys to do so.

Its just work stuff at a restaurant Im at.

Ive been working the holdidays, vacation, and new years over the past 5 months at this place. These are the bussiest times for the buisness.

Turn over rates were high and Ive been able to hang with the large volume. Ive been working the bussiest days friday-sunday at this restaurant at the head of the kitchen for 5 months straight. Even people that have been working there for 2 years cant keep up with me that the head of the kitchen position and sending out orders is my job and has been for 5 months.

Other people who I belive are "soft" or slow would work easy jobs like being a server or prep food so I could make food or bring me plates to serve food.

But now that traffic has gone down my hours have been cut from 30 to 8 hours. And Ive noticed that all these people who normally couldnt hang on the kitchen line during the bussiest times of the year. All of a sudden take my hours because traffic is low and now they can deal with the position.

I made it clear that I thought it was BS. I was told that I have been scheduled for the past 5 months on the bussiest days because I was the only one availabel. I told the supervisor that I dony buy this balogne and to stop being a fake infront of the owner during a meeting.

At which poiny me and the owner had a conversation alone.

I pretty much told the owner that I feel like im being treated like a wetbag. That Im always being reprimanded over things that other people do and get no slack over. I told them its not fair and a lack of respect to me as an employee that ive been there for them on the bussiest days and have done my job and now that traffic is slow these positions are being given to slowpokes who couldnt hold a candle on the line on the busy days.

The owner was cool and eas genuinely hearing me out.

Attitude aside I told them they should respect my results and that is important.

There are also other issues. Like I have to use Lime remover....with no proper gloves I use the thin nitrale gloves for cooking but they seep through and it irritates and even stays on the skin for a day after sometimes. A young man got burned with this stuff because its always left on the edge of a counter with no cap.....

At this point the owner was taking my point more serius but asked me.....

The boss told me "well Daniel if you were a boss and yhe employees were telling you there was a bad egg what would you think"

"Well sir what Id tell you is, out of all those employees out of your supervisors and managers and shiftleads no one had the common sense to put lime removal/battery acid away in a safe place.....after months of posing danger and even days after kid got burned....the only one wise enough to put iy away and seal it properl was me.....the employee these people are flinging rocks at"

Im real sir and they are fake/plastic. Im real and they are asshat brown nosers.

The owner made a point that he cant micromanage everything and was surprised all this was happening and that this is disturbing to him.. Harvard grad dude.

I tell these dudes not to spill oil down the drain, clean spoons, not mix cooked and uncooked meats.....make sure to cool beef properly for people so its not pink or rancid etc etc...

And Im always getting negative feedback for the most minuscule things.

Only managers and shift leads should use this these heavy chemicals....thats why they get paid more in a sense because theyve been trained to handle them. And ive told him Ive been working it and they take credit for it.

Their tune quickly changed.

Ive asked for a raise, asked for a raise for the kid who got his hand burned. I asked for my hours.

And I asked to be treated fairly.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018

10. StillAlive&Well

StillAlive&Well Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Oct 4, 2014
    Frog, Texas

11. The-Kid

Feb 15, 2014
    SO CAL USA
    Ima work this week and Ive been told that they are looking into the matter and checking video tapes to see whats been going on.

I think they are also putting in another supervisor along with oyr current one to make sure things are running more smoothly and I have already talked to him and hes a cool dude.

Mansonienne likes this.

12. carver

carver The East Coast Strangler Strat-Talk Supporter

Ah bud, yeah man.

The old crap shoot of a job.

Been there many times, but you sound like you seem to know what you are doing.

keep in mind that most of these slackers, this is it for them. this is all they will ever do. just try your best to remember that.. this isnt it for you, you have much more to offer out there.

13. Barb

Barb Most Honored Senior Member

Jun 24, 2015
    South Carolina
    Hope things look up for you. Glad you spoke up. That’s a tough business. Hang in there.

14. The-Kid

Feb 15, 2014
    SO CAL USA
    This is the email I sent to the Supervisor who cut my hours a day after making my concerns clear to the owners.

Subject: Talking to management

To Supervisir of XXXX.

I've allowed you to keep your dignity on the groupme chat(employee forum) and not make a ruckus about this for two reasons.

The first reason is because I dont feel its classy to publicly shame you over work related concerns such as Rays arm getting burned or not having proper equipment to work lime away. Or the fact that I do it and its a manager duty and yall take credit for it. I respect C and K (owners)to much to do that.

And the second reason is so you can tell all the rest of the shift leads like Natalie, Mark, Alena and well thats about it, in person everything that happened with our meeting with K and what im telling you.

I want them to know the extent of my mercy by how I treated you and continue to treat you.

I used those chemicals for your safety /("my skin irritates easy can you do it Daniel"(your words)\and sacrificing mine and other times im the only one who will do it because no one wants to.

I want you to tell them all the information I just told you.

I want them to know what I know and what you know. I want them to know...that I want them to know....

And I want you to know that I told C and K that non of this is your fault and that you inhereted this position with these problems.

So for what its worth in the nicest possible way. Please take my concerns more seriusly next time. From now on anything I feel is wrong I will run by you but if I feel you arent doing your job correctly Im going to be there to check you. Everytime.

So take care and have a good night and be glad I treated you better than youve treated me.

Cheers

Rios

15. The-Kid

Feb 15, 2014
    SO CAL USA
    Yeah I know man.

But you know me. Its just a matter of principle.

Like I know Im going better places but it just gets to me. Im better than these people and I'll be damned if Im just going to kneel over on my belly and get gutted without doing anything.

Never, thats never going to be me, and Im never ganna let it go without a fight.

Im not ganna give up my hours so easily after having earned them to a bunch of morons who couldnt work it other than for the fact that traffic is slow.

Thanks man. This actually thought me alot about work politics and how to work crooked people just the way I want to.

This isnt the first supervisor Ive had to chop down at the knees.

Ive gone through 2 of them over the past 5 months.....I just chew these suckers out. One of them the owner called me and asked me what was up with him...I told him he drank and left us on 2 hour breaks....all true.

The second one. The owner was giving me crap over smoking weed....everyone smokes weed cuz its stressful. And I had to send him messages of a supervisor who is a dick to me and always sends me text asking if I have weed to smoke him out.....

After that no complaints about me smoking weed.

This new guy....even though hes a moron as well....I just feel hes the best golden turd of the lot....and I have to work with what I got. If they get rid of this guy and replace him.....I really dont see who we could replace him with. And I sure as fu' dont want to be a supervisor or a shift lead....I just want to get paid higher and retain my hours

I already do manager functions and lead shift functions and people have been doing what ive told them without the title.....I just want a raise.

Fu' the BS.

16. The-Kid

Feb 15, 2014
    SO CAL USA
    I dont know how to put it. These guys keep on trying to push me under the bus....

And it never works.

And I try to help them and play nice well before I have to knock them on the floor and kick them in the ribs.....

They just dont get it.

Even then I have to put my foot on their throat and squize it until they turn a bit purple.

You just cant trust anyone. Litteraly have to have a knife on their throat just to get by.

17. StillAlive&Well

StillAlive&Well Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Oct 4, 2014
    Frog, Texas
    You can't eat or pay the bills with principle.
    The best time to look for a new and better job is when you have one.
    Find it and leave the BS behind.

Barb, Neil.C, alainvey and 3 others like this.

18. newplayeroldguy

newplayeroldguy in the wind

May 12, 2015
    north and east
    most business owners want a low stress, quiet workforce- they want profits, not drama
    rocking the boat is something you can get away with- if you own the boat
    being "right" doesn't always win the day

Barb, amstratnut and The-Kid like this.

19. The-Kid

Feb 15, 2014
    SO CAL USA
    Yeah I hear you.

I know but they own two of these restaurants and my problems compared to the other one. 3 people called out on the same day last week.....theres always stress at work especially in a kitchen....you jusy have to deal with it. I can deal with it. Even ppl that have been working for years get panick attacks and stress out looking at the screen of orders. I never have gotten stressed out. I thrive in enviorments of presure...

And I hear you. But I tell them I do make them money and have handled the bussiest days in the holidays, new years and vacation during friday to sundays. Ive even worked on the day at the front of the kitchen when they took in their highest recorded sales for the year.

Ive proven my results and that I bring them the bacon....these other people havent.

20. tery

tery Most Honored Senior Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Tennessee
    I once pointed out to the owner of a company that I worked for his errors , more efficient methods , better scheduling etc etc . He smiled and said "If you're so damn smart , how come I'm not working for you" . . . he did have a good point :)

Barb and The-Kid like this.