Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

The best I can do is share...music

Discussion in 'MyMusic Forum' started by amagras, Nov 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Dadocaster

Dadocaster Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Holy smokes Andrei, finally a bit of time to listen to more of your stuff. Very, very good and stylistically super tasty. Propulsive rhythms. My oh my. Next time Boyo is home it will be Osho and 360 right away. Thanks for sharing. Hope to have time to listen to more.

amagras likes this.

2. chrimturn

chrimturn Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 14, 2013
    Cincinnati, Earth
    You're welcome. Keep up the good work! Sure, there's always room for improvement but you've definitely got that sound and feel. Keep honing your craft.

amagras likes this.

3. amagras

amagras Strat-Talker

Oct 26, 2016
    Ontario
    Thank you so much Dadocaster, being yourself so much more experienced and productive than myself I consider this the best compliment I can ever receive. It is a great honor my friend!
    I will as long as I can move my hands and keep my head straight on top of my shoulders. Thank you very much for the encouragement and kind words!!!

4. Dadocaster

You are confused, I am not more experienced and productive, just older. You play music that I dreamed of playing when I was young, but never got good enough to play. Makes me very happy to hear it, makes me want to try some more. So the thanks go from me to you.

amagras likes this.

5. Highway Star

Highway Star Strat-Talker

Sounds great. I really enjoy that 70's Steely Dan vibe you got in your music and transformed it to something own. Well done :thumb:

amagras likes this.

6. amagras

amagras Strat-Talker

Oct 26, 2016
    Ontario
    Believe me I try, but I'm so proud of my influences that I can't mask them very well, there's nothing more exciting in a conversation than when someone mentions the music of Steely Dan, King Crimson, Rush, Larry Carlton, Miles, Coltrane, Yellowjackets, Pink Floyd... Your comment and feedback make me very proud of having taken the time to research about those years, that's a lot of great music everybody deserves to try! Thank you so much for your kind words!!!
    Thank you, that's more than I deserve, I have found no easy way, first I realized that if I didn't to produce myself nobody would do it, that's been a long run that started by getting a decent computer over 15 years ago, software, free plugins at first, then realizing I had to find a way to get feedback and record my progress as a mean of comparison, that's what I do on my YouTube channel. At some point I realized I was thinking about audio production 100% of the time and my guitar skills were the same as 10 years ago, plus I didn't know how to play other instruments so I got a midi keyboard to replace the mouse/piano roll and started to create drum, synth parts... It goes on but it's not much different than everybody else here I'm sure.

Highway Star likes this.

7. Dadocaster

For sure the give and take is the same for everyone. I am practicing guitar again after working for a while on the punk project and playing minimal stuff on purpose. The fun thing, though, is that my son has gone from beginner band to being in marching band and playing both bass and drums in jazz band at school. Since he is a percussion kid, he plays all the percussion instruments. He gravitated toward bass early on and is a technique black hole. He sucks in technique. He is also playing guitar again after giving it up a long time ago and alternates between playing metal and building his own finger style on guitar that is based on what he can do on bass.

The boy needs to stretch out some and use those chops. We may just shamelessly imitate what you are doing and see if we can do it. :D (With your permission, of course. :D)

amagras likes this.

8. amagras

amagras Strat-Talker

Oct 26, 2016
    Ontario
    That's great to hear, you've accomplished the most beloved dream of a father and a musician, congratulations! It will be a pleasure for me to help in anything I can.

Im very happy today as my album has been downloaded 100 times, and 3 people has even donated, that's a milestone I never imagined I'd reach!