Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

The Deville is gone, long live the Katana 50

Discussion in 'Amp Input - Normal or Bright' started by Lonn, Dec 26, 2017.

1. fenderkev

fenderkev Most Honored Senior Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Back In Blighty
    I have the Katana 50 myself, and it's simply the best sounding small amp I've heard in years. For the price it's ridiculous tbh. I use it on the half watt setting at home, and on the small gigs I do these days, the 25 watt setting is more than enough and it doesn't get anywhere near full volume on those anyway.

Thrup'ny Bit likes this.

2. 8T_BoCO

8T_BoCO Aspiring Stratospheric Stratitician Strat-Talk Supporter

Mar 2, 2016
    Colorado
    Happy New Year & NAD, Lonn.
    Hoping you get some time with this one, soon. High praise, a 刀 50 nudging a DeVille out of the spotlight.

3. crashbelt

crashbelt Strat-Talker

Feb 27, 2012
    England
    My 4x10 Deville went several years ago. Don't know why it took so many years to work out that it sounded crap at tolerable pub gig volumes and gave me backache:confused:.

Good move.

4. Lonn

Lonn Administrator Staff Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 6, 2014
    In the shadows
    Admin Post
    I still have barely turned it on lol, have maybe an hour with it at this point and haven't done anything but play with the stock sounds. Same goes for my Trio pedal. Finally heading to GC today to see what I can get with my $150 gift card from Christmas. I'm hoping to pick up a decent Squier strat that I can use my newly acquired 70s RI neck on.

The-Kid likes this.

5. The-Kid

The-Kid Senior Stratmaster

Feb 15, 2014
    SO CAL USA
    Totally this...

If you can find an AXL or Johnson your good with one of those too.....same factories that make Squire stuff.....

6. Lonn

Lonn Administrator Staff Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 6, 2014
    In the shadows
    Admin Post
    They had nothing that I wanted so I just grabbed a new clip on tuner. I sold a guitar last week and forgot to remove my Snark. The guy called when he got home and offered to mail it back to me but I told him to keep it since that's the way I got it myself from GC few years back. I may hit the one on the southside of Indy on the way hoe tomorrow night.

johnnymg likes this.