' Some of you may recall a thread that ran last month detailing a guitar I made for a co-worker's kid: The kid is a huge Metallica fan so I added Metallica graphics and have since dubbed it "The MetalliCaster"! Here's the long drawn out saga of how it all came to be: http://www.strat-talk.com/threads/the-stratoparts-guitar-from-hell.454499/ And here he is playing it for the first time: Anyway, his mom says he loves it, so that should be the end of the story, right? Well, there's just one incy-wincy teeny-weeny problem... You see, a fellow Strat-Talker named @Believer7713 decided to be a good Samaritan and volunteered to fix the Seymour Duncan JB that came with the original donated guitar (the leads were cut down to nubs). Well, @Believer7713 just informed me that the refurbished humbucker is on its way back ...so NOW what? Here's the deal: I still have the donated Strat style body, which got me to "thinking" (a bad habit I developed early on in my misguided youth); "Perhaps I could do something with it"! After all, the kid needs both a Strat and a Tele, right? Anyway, I did some Internet searching and found a picture of a what is apparently a Squier Bullet Strat body and it has an uncanny resemblance to the one I have... My "Donated Leftover" body: The "Internet Picture" body: The so-called "bathtub" routes look very similar, so I got to "thinking" again (a very dangerous pastime for me these days); "Perhaps I could take the refurbished pickup and the 'possibly-maybe-Squier' body and make something with them"! Hmmm... Before I knew it I was on eBay looking for cheap-but-hopefully-good parts... and before I could stop myself I began pressing "Buy It Now" buttons! Well, too late to turn back now, so I might as well tell you my half-baked plan... To keep things as simple and as affordable as possible I decided to make this thing a single pickup, single volume control "Tom Delonge Strat" clone... something like this (but with a Sunburst finish of course): So I got this Squier neck: Then I got this pickguard from "The Stratosphere": I also needed a 500k pot for the humbucker: Since I stole the saddles for the first MetalliCaster, I needed to to replace them as well: I managed to find a few knick-knacks in my misc pile as well - most importantly a tremolo arm (score!): So the die is cast and the "MetalliCaster II Project" is on its way to infamy! ...now all that's left is the crying... Stay tuned brotha's and sista's!!! ` '