Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

The New Clapton limited edition 30th Anniversary Strat

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by artgtr, Sep 13, 2018.

1. artgtr

artgtr Senior Stratmaster

Aug 18, 2013
    WURTSBORO, NY
    My local box Music store has 1. They said this is it, not getting anymore. They took it out of the locked glass display case. I got to play it for a few mins. It’s a nice guitar, The price was around $4400. & might have been a little negotiable. It’s a great playing guitar & it had better be in the price range. I have a 2 - 2017/1955 CS’s - that also play fantastic. The salesman stated & I wouldn’t expect him to say anything different, “Fender is now making some of the best guitars they have ever made!” I will say some of their new high end CS Strats are amazing guitars.
    These are a few pics of my 2 recent CS’s! IMG_2323.JPG IMG_2394.JPG

2. LOSTVENTURE

LOSTVENTURE Strat-O-Master

Jun 15, 2007
    CHARLOTTE, NC
    Fortunately, you don't have to pay CS prices to get a very nice Fender.

3. artgtr

Aug 18, 2013
    WURTSBORO, NY
    I truly appreciate your statement, Unfornately - very nice just doesn’t cut it, I really wish it did. I expect to be amazed ( wow factor) every time I pick any of my guitars. I’m sorry, I don’t mean to come off like someone I wouldn’t like to be.

4. Rufustelestrat

Rufustelestrat Senior Stratmaster

If very nice was good enough... Well you know what I mean..... then I would still have a good 2 dozen guitars that have gone down the road. Some faster than others. Some I think about (rarely) others no second thought.
    R

abnormaltoy and Paperback Rocker like this.
  5. garyhoos1

garyhoos1 Huffing n Puffing. Silver Member

Jan 28, 2012
    North Wales and Somerset.
    The nicest strat i ever played was a 62 cs time machine about 12 years ago, some journalist at the time was banging on about Fender getting too close to the real thing, i had the real thing as a teenager didn't like it. current pro models ive played are definitely some of the best stuff fender have produced in my mind.

Fantastic looking strats you have there i would love a cs 56 or similar.

Dave Harmon and abnormaltoy like this.
  6. esseff

esseff Strat-Talker

Dec 19, 2017
    Australia
    Haha.... u clearly are the person u don't want to be.

7. newplayeroldguy

newplayeroldguy in the wind

May 12, 2015
    north and east
    says the guy who lists 13 guitars in his sig

artgtr likes this.
  8. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Senior Stratmaster

I have owned about 15 different production model strats in the past ten years. I am down to two that are still with me, a 57 AVHR, and an early 87 Am Std. I want a CS strat, and have the cash in hand to get a nice used one, but I haven't found one I want yet.

But I can say that the CS Nocaster I have absolutely, hands down, without a doubt is the best Fender tele I have ever played. But I have built one that feels better, and from our gigs, people love its sound better than my Nocaster.

Bottom Line: CS can be some of the best instruments you own, but so can any other guitar. Find what you like, stay in your lane, and respect that others might like CS, and others might like production models. Live and let live.

9. artgtr

Aug 18, 2013
    WURTSBORO, NY
    Well, I’m sorry, I don’t mean to come off as some ?? Kind of person, I really just get excited playing a guitar that every time you pick it up & play - you have to say to yourself oh my god this guitar is awesome, every time. When someone else picks up a CS & look at me & say - WOW!

I’m sorry - it seems & feels like I have to apologize for having high end guitars. Like I said before- most don’t have a problem buying a $60K pick up truck, so, in contrast a CS guitar is a pretty good deal.

10. newplayeroldguy

newplayeroldguy in the wind

May 12, 2015
    north and east
    I don't think you "owe" anything to anybody for liking what you like. There is no inherent nobility in playing either a cheaper or a more expensive guitar. What matters is do you love it- and as a result do you play it more...

11. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Senior Stratmaster

Dead on, and at the same time if someone gets satisfaction out of having a finely tuned Squier, great for them! Buy what you like, or build what you like.

12. artgtr

Aug 18, 2013
    WURTSBORO, NY
    Back on topic, The Clapton Strat is a fantastic guitar, & in its price range with other similar CS guitars that also play fantastic. I suggest, if you can find one to try out, you’ll agree.

carolinaeasy likes this.
  13. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985 Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 14, 2013
    Alabama
    You do not have to apologize for any guitar that you own or want to own. High end guitars are indeed very nice.

I think the only problem (please don't take this the wrong way) was that your comment could be interpreted as a bit condescending. Even though you did not mean it to be.

KyStratman, Artunes and Will Lefeurve like this.
  14. Will Lefeurve

Will Lefeurve Senior Stratmaster

Mar 1, 2016
    England & France
    Nail on the head there @Ebidis.. I actually thought it a little sniffy when I read it.. however.. I'm the man who's 'amazed' every time I pick up my old 'Tokai' (a MIJ knock-off) as you USA types are fond of saying..;)

At the end of the day, playing the things is what matters, not looking at em.. :)

15. BuckNekkid

BuckNekkid Strat-Talker

Nov 28, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    I currently own five Strats of varying pedigree. They are also terrific sounding guitars and I wouldn't want to part with any of them. But my CS Robin Trower Strat is far and away the "best" of the bunch, and in my opinion, you get what you pay for.

My latest is a MIJ FSR Stratocaster XII, and even though placed next to my Eric Clapton Artist Series looks pretty much the same, the EC Strat, at over twice the price, is the nicer guitar of the two. That's not an opinion, it's a fact.

[​IMG]

16. artgtr

Aug 18, 2013
    WURTSBORO, NY
    I agree completely with you! I sincerely apologize if I came off the wrong way! What a great bunch of people on Strat talk - you guys are the best even when I come off like an idiot!

17. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985 Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 14, 2013
    Alabama
    It's all good. You've always seemed like a nice guy, so don't lose any sleep. ;)

On topic: I owned a production model EC Strat and it was my main guitar for 12 years. It was a great guitar. If the CS model is better than that guitar, then it would definitely have the WOW! factor.

Your CS models are pretty cool looking pieces of wood and wire BTW.

guitarface likes this.
  18. StratPlus97

StratPlus97 Senior Stratmaster

Apr 7, 2016
    USA
    Jesus, some of you are way too sensitive...and sort of come off like bullies. If he feels like he needs a CS to feel amazed, so what. You think that sounds “sniffy”...that’s your problem.

19. usul1978

usul1978 Guitar bricolo Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 9, 2015
    France