Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

the Seattle Viaduct is a comin' down

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by circles, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Paperback Rocker

Paperback Rocker Nitro-mancer Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 18, 2014
    Lewisville, TX
    I'd love to live there. The downsides are just too big for me. If I'd stayed and still owned my house things would be different. I couldn't come there and make enough to live like I can in Dallas.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    circles likes this.
  2. circles

circles Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Would I rather have a 5 acre spread out in Eastern Washington? Yep. But my needs are few, and this place is sufficient. Especially when I build the garage into a practice space!

Paperback Rocker likes this.
  3. Paperback Rocker

Paperback Rocker Nitro-mancer Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 18, 2014
    Lewisville, TX
    There is no unused space in Seattle. If you've got a large closet, someone's living in it. ;)

circles likes this.
  4. Class A Knob

Class A Knob Strat-O-Master

Nov 25, 2017
    California
    I was stationed at JBLM for a few years and the drive to Seattle was always hairy. Not so much in the city, just the Sea-Tac corridor.

Paperback Rocker and circles like this.
  5. Class A Knob

Class A Knob Strat-O-Master

Nov 25, 2017
    California
    I should mention my experiences were mostly in the Olympia/Tacoma area on the way to Seattle.

circles likes this.
  6. Wrighty

Wrighty Senior Stratmaster

Mar 7, 2013
    Harlow, Essex, UK
    Near me, in Essex’s County Town if Chelmsford there’s a flyover that was out up in 1968 as a temporary structure. It’s so narrow that they have to operate it on a one direction at a time basis during rush hour and is regularly closed for days to patch it up. The long overdue permanent replacement appears to have been long forgotten.

circles likes this.
  7. Bowmap

Bowmap I Nose A Thang or Two Gold Member

Dec 23, 2017
    TBD
    I remember that viaduct from when I was a kid going to visit my aunt and uncle when I lived in Spanaway. Jeeze that thing is old!

circles and Paperback Rocker like this.
  8. Esprit

Esprit Strat-Talker

Sep 8, 2009
    Essex, UK
    Sorry to hear about the Highway 99 Blues Club closing. One of my best memories of Seattle is seafood at Elliotts followed by blues at the club, but the closure doesn't seem to be driven by the work on the viaduct. Rent increases seem to have been the problem.

9. mjark

mjark Senior Stratmaster

Jul 15, 2015
    Maryland
    I saw some of the work going on last time I was there. It'll be painful for a while.

circles likes this.
  10. circles

circles Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

A quick video of the new tunnel. More changes to come.