Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

The Stupid Idea Vol 3: "Stupid Gets Real"

Discussion in 'Amp Input - Normal or Bright' started by GunMonkeyINTL, Dec 19, 2017.

1. GunMonkeyINTL

GunMonkeyINTL Strat-O-Master

Feb 5, 2015
    NC
    In light of this, and the one stock bias value I could find online, I decided to go back to the 170r / 14.8w / 39.9mA bias in the SS recitier “channel”.

12w seems to be the accepted limits of a cathode-biased el84, Friedman appears to have designed the amp around 16-17w.

With this arrangement, I’ll have a pretty standard 12w when tube-rectified, and hot-like-intended 15w when SS-rectified. Two different sand boxes to play in...and I reckon I’ll develop some real-world experience with tube wear and limits :).

I’m cleaning up my work area, and took one last shot before some stuff when in the trash:

1E72341E-7ACE-4CDF-9767-2E21FADBC8EC.jpeg

Happy New Year, and Thanks, again, for all your help and insight!

Bodean and Robins like this.

2. GunMonkeyINTL

GunMonkeyINTL Strat-O-Master

Feb 5, 2015
    NC
    And like any good modern serial, a preview from Vol. 4

6F1D0A92-4425-4E2F-8C7F-63AD50A27E35.jpeg

Since I didn’t have a bunch of troubleshooting like I thought, I ended up with extra time left over, and got the case and cab husks together.

Still have a bunch of work to do, and am having trouble figuring out hardware for the look I want, but I wasn’t expecting to even have this much done by the time I had to go back to work.

T Bone Slort and Robins like this.

3. Robins

Robins Dr. von Loudster Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 22, 2010
    Germany
    Happy New Year and enjoy your Fish Taco.
    It is a keeper, for sure.

Play loud,
    Robin

GunMonkeyINTL likes this.