Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

"The Walking Dead" thread

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Bodean, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Bodean

Bodean smells like leather Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 23, 2014
    South Carolina
    Are there any other viewers of The Walking Dead series around on this forum. I know they have a thread on TDRPI. Just wondering if anyone else here watches it. There aren't many shows I watch, but I got hooked on this one from the first episode. I am anxious to see tonight's episode. The season gets back started after a few months off. This second half of the season seems to have a lot of intrigue, with new characters and new problems.

ocean likes this.

2. ocean

ocean Most Honored Senior Member

Apr 14, 2015
    In a house
    It is a family event around my house.. Looking forward to it..

MAWarmoth and Bodean like this.

3. Bodean

Aug 23, 2014
    South Carolina
    Ahh a fan, good deal Ocean. Yep I have waited long enough for tonight. I just hope it escalates the story line and not bring it down. I think the series needs a shot in the arm. The first half of the season started getting better, I just hope the second half keeps it rolling.

Fendercreep likes this.

4. Fendercreep

Fendercreep Strat-Talk Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Lost and found
    I love the show since it began although I agree it needs a shot in the arm the first half of this season I found pretty boring and unexciting. Hope fully it kicks ass tonight.

Bodean likes this.

5. Bodean

Aug 23, 2014
    South Carolina
    It did take a bit to get rolling, but it did leave off in a good place. I did find myself going WHY a lot though. As an example why stop the truck, guys on motorcycles would be easy to ram out of the way.

Fendercreep likes this.

6. rabbithowls

rabbithowls Senior Stratmaster

Jul 11, 2014
    Colorado Springs
    I fix my cravings during the off season by dvring and watching one every 3 weeks. Less withdrawals that way. No one else in the house gets it, i may have to disown them!

FormerTeleGuy and Fendercreep like this.

7. glesgageetarman

glesgageetarman Senior Stratmaster

Aug 4, 2015
    glasgow
    It's a solid show. And the second half of this season is supposed to be relentless (action-wise). Main problem i have is the fact that it has to follow the comic story arc...so we have to put up with the constant anticipation of the fan favourites arriving (currently negan).
    In general though, i've liked the balance between 'zombie horror' and 'soap opera'...i don't at all mean that in a bad way. It's essential to keep us interested over dozens and dozens of hours.
    excited to see negan's henchmen inevitably get their asses handed to them in tonights episode though!

8. rabbithowls

rabbithowls Senior Stratmaster

Jul 11, 2014
    Colorado Springs
    But driving a tanker of gas you really don't want gunfire.

Bodean likes this.

9. glesgageetarman

glesgageetarman Senior Stratmaster

Aug 4, 2015
    glasgow
    And 'fear the walking dead' can go screw itself...that was pretty lame. So much opportunity to focus on the events of a modern society coming to an end. And they through it away by making it too reminiscent of the young and the restless :(

QMTstrat and Bodean like this.

10. Bodean

Aug 23, 2014
    South Carolina
    Seems you risk gunfire either way, I would take my chances on da bums diving out of the way or getting smashed. Firing squad is not my way to go in the apocalypse. Do we know it has gas in the tank? I don't remember that being revealed. They did burn off those woods with something.

Mansonienne likes this.

11. Chont

Chont Senior Stratmaster

Sep 25, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Love the show. The first half of the season was kinda weak but hoping the second half redeems it.

ocean likes this.

12. Bodean

Aug 23, 2014
    South Carolina
    The first half had it's moments. How many of you knew Glenn was alive as an example. The wall crashing down in Alexandria, letting in the hoard in as another example.

13. albala

albala Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

May 10, 2012
    stamford, CT
    I was hooked in the beginning

Then it seemed like they were making it up as they went along

Then the one guy who knew how to stop the virus came out that he was actually lying...common, really?

Then I got pist.

Now I just want to know how it ends, but I spend more time complaining about it.

I think running Talking Dead ads during the show is so obnoxious.

WhiteWabbit likes this.

14. Bodean

Aug 23, 2014
    South Carolina
    The first half of the season is airing now on A&E in my part of the world, may watch some just to refresh my memory.

15. dbbluesproject

dbbluesproject Senior Stratmaster

Nov 3, 2015
    Maine
    Interesting.....
    My friends keep telling me to check out breaking bad but maybe i should go with wd....

Chont likes this.

16. albala

May 10, 2012
    stamford, CT
    like comparing apples and oranges

I would do Breaking Bad over WD

Jason D likes this.

17. dbbluesproject

dbbluesproject Senior Stratmaster

Nov 3, 2015
    Maine
    I hear ya about apples etc.....but these days some shows are so good you have to think it through because it's a commitment lol......:) and i hate not starting at the beginning.....just finished soa......the wire is still the best I've ever seen imho.....sorry there i go thread hijacking again....sorry!

18. Bodean

Aug 23, 2014
    South Carolina
    Most can't get by the zombie thing. WD has a story line other than the obvious zombies. If you haven't watched it from the beginning, it would probably be hard to jump in now and "get" it.

19. albala

May 10, 2012
    stamford, CT
    I'm with you on The Wire. I just finished my 6th time all the way through...and I can't even get my wife passed Episode 1.

SOA was fun, then it seemed like they were making it up as they went along. They lost me when they went to Ireland. For some reason, in America we have to milk a good idea so long, it ends up going sour.

Just like Talking Dead, After Sons was so full of itself.

You'll never see SOA run again because it has no rewatchablility.

The end just enraged me too.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016

20. CigBurn

CigBurn Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 22, 2014
    The Shed
    WD is a darn good show (albeit sometimes a bit uneven), but in such a completely different way than breaking bad I'd hesitate to compare them. Breaking Bad was probably my favorite show since the Soprano's. Also a huge fan of Game of Thrones, Vikings and Homeland. Sons of Anarchy for some reason just never caught my interest and after struggling through 3 seasons I gave up.