Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

"The Walking Dead" thread

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Bodean, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Yellowdawg

Yellowdawg Strat-Talker

Jun 29, 2016
    Puyallup, Washington
    Then Father Gabriels face gets ate off. Been hoping for that a long, long time

2. bchaffin72

bchaffin72 Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter Vendor Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Stratford,Ontario
    I didn't miss it, but I guess I'd be a cold ba**ard at Rick's point. Quote back his line that started it all, just so he really understood what was about to happen........:D:D

3. bchaffin72

Oct 4, 2008
    Stratford,Ontario
    I could live with that. Still just don't like him as a character. And let's face it, risking yourself for Gregory, a man who wouldn't pi$$ on you if you were on fire?? I would gladly have left him to die faster than you could say "Ciao(or chow:D), you little weasel!"

Yellowdawg likes this.

4. Tuica

Tuica Strat-Talker

Jun 5, 2017
    Portland, Oregon
    I don't know where to begin with all of the tactical military screw up's seen on last night's episode. Especially considering both sides know their opponents are gunning for them. But here's a few.

Saviors: Don't have several lone occupant "lookouts." Too easily taken out, as demonstrated last night. Defense must be in depth; with three-man lookout positions (rotating two on duty - one resting), backed by Fast Reaction Teams (at least.) Your defense is so weak that Rick's motorized group can move undetected within grenade throwing range???

Rick: Shields on vehicles a good move. But obviously did not need elaborate scheme to lure thousands of Walkers to Savior's compound. Move to where you got to last night, and when Negan and his top cohorts step out on that platform...SHOOT THEM IMMEDIATELY! Do I need to repeat that last statement several times??? And what's with wasting all of that ammo shooting out those windows? Did you recently discover an un-ransacked Cabela's? Perhaps time will show why that was a top notch maneuver. And Gregory would have been left without hesitation.

All I have time for today. Was in the Navy, so no extensive infantry training, but this is pretty basic stuff, eh? Will continue to watch WD, but its getting more unbelievable with each episode.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
    Yellowdawg, Chont and Bodean like this.

5. Bodean

Bodean smells like leather Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 23, 2014
    South Carolina
    Welcome to the thread. I believe the majority of us are with you. Best comedy drama on tv right now.:D

Chont likes this.

6. Chont

Chont Senior Stratmaster

Sep 25, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    I was thinking "why waste all the ammo when you could toss a bunch of Molotov cocktails through the windows" i suppose they didn't want to burn a bunch of people they perhaps were wanting to free but still. What a waste of precious ammo. Could have sent in just Carol. She was VERY effective at Terminus.

Bodean likes this.

7. Tuica

Tuica Strat-Talker

Jun 5, 2017
    Portland, Oregon
    Yes, Chont. I thought Molotov's also. And that angle of fire at those windows would have hit only ceiling. Perhaps raining shards of glass on building occupants was their goal. Rick also could have parked three two-man sniper teams within easy rifle range from Negan's compound. And just waited.

And where were all of Negan's troops during that attack?? Are there not fully armed on-duty teams ready to respond to such threats ????

Gotta get back to my Strat before my mind explodes. It's just a TV show...;-)

Electgumbo, Bodean and Chont like this.

8. bchaffin72

Oct 4, 2008
    Stratford,Ontario
    I had some informal para-military training and time spent with ex-Special Forces vets. Plus I worked in security, as the guy in charge, for a few years. I know enough to know that nothing they did last night would have been part of any show I was running in a tactical situation.

If Negan had had teams of lookouts or, since he has numbers, lookouts within line of sight, the going would have been tougher for Rick's side.

And, yeah, Rick, shoot the building?? NO! Turn that platform, Gregory, Eugene, and all, into swiss cheese.:D

Tuica likes this.

9. Bodean

Aug 23, 2014
    South Carolina
    Gotta get a seasons worth of story line out of this. Can't end it with one bullet. The rest of the season would be separating wheat and skinning squirrels.:D

Tuica and Chont like this.

10. bchaffin72

Oct 4, 2008
    Stratford,Ontario
    Sure, but it doesn't mean the characters HAVE to be dumb about it............:D

Bodean likes this.

11. Bodean

Aug 23, 2014
    South Carolina
    Agreed, but that would ruin the show. It's expected now.:D

Tuica likes this.

12. bchaffin72

Oct 4, 2008
    Stratford,Ontario
    So, should they just change its name to The Walking Dumb at this point?:D

Tuica likes this.

13. CigBurn

CigBurn Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 22, 2014
    The Shed
    Electgumbo and Bodean like this.

14. Bodean

Aug 23, 2014
    South Carolina

15. Mouse

Mouse The Knees of Rock Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 25, 2012
    New Jersey
    Agree on the ammo wasting. I sat there thinking, "Who exactly do you think you are going to hit shooting up into a window like that?"

These guys can hit consistent zombie head shots from high speed moving vehicles with a pistol but they miss 5 people standing on a platform using automatic weapons. I know, I know...it's a show about zombies but come on!

Overall though, an ok opener.

16. Chont

Chont Senior Stratmaster

Sep 25, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Bodean and Tuica like this.

17. Tuica

Tuica Strat-Talker

Jun 5, 2017
    Portland, Oregon
    As a navy Gunner's Mate, I was trained in small arms; infantry movement, and tactics in order to accompany our on board MARDET (Marine Detachment), during landing parties. No, not that kind. That was reserved for Olongapo, Philippines...;-)

My role as Squad Leader would have me carrying an M14. Other sailors would have been armed with M14's; M60's; M79's; and LAWS, along with the usual M1911's and grenades. But anybody that has seen five (?) war/armed encounter movies or books - knows certain things you must do (and not do) - in order to survive during static, and mobile operations.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
    Bodean likes this.

18. Chont

Chont Senior Stratmaster

Sep 25, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    One of my biggest peeves with Walking Dead Military blunders was Sasha who was their unofficial sniper camping out in front of the compound to get a one shot one kill on Neegan and deciding after about 20 minutes and one glimpse of him outside that they couldn't get the shot and thus had to infiltrate. I'm no military strategist but that was just common sense.

They definitely need a new "Sniper" so they can waste more opportunities.

mechanic, Tuica and Bodean like this.

19. Tuica

Tuica Strat-Talker

Jun 5, 2017
    Portland, Oregon
    And the "snipers" always seem to hold on the target just long enough to let it slip behind some obstruction. While I'm yelling at the TV "Shoot, Shoot.!!!" I used to hunt(non-human animals - deer; upland birds; waterfowl), And you have to fire as soon as you get that steady sight picture. Should just need one second. Don't need to gaze at it forever.

mechanic likes this.

20. Bodean

Aug 23, 2014
    South Carolina
    What do you think so far?