Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

"The Walking Dead" thread

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Bodean, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Chont

Chont Senior Stratmaster

Sep 25, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    I’ve been happy with the season. I was thinking lastnight they should have Daryl come up from behind and put a bolt in his head and voila. Dead ... done. Bye morales.

My only complaint is Jesus wanting to take prisoners. Seems out of character and way off the path of the mission but at least Morgan and Tara are not ok with. Overall I think it has been well paced and has kept me interested.

dante1963 and Bodean like this.

2. Bodean

Bodean smells like leather Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 23, 2014
    South Carolina
    I agree. Looks like the King's luck is coming to an end. That's what you get when you walk out in the open during a war, before clearing the buildings.
    The show has had enough twists to keep me interested and wondering.
    The martial arts battle between Jesus and Morgan I saw coming. The taking prisoners thing will come back to bite them I am afraid, but predictable.
    Why did all those guys go back to Hilltop when they could have been going to back up the other groups?

Chont likes this.

3. Electgumbo

Electgumbo Most Honored Senior Member

Dec 26, 2010
    Scott La.
    It’s been OK... at least the last one was fast paced and kept moving. The war with the Saviors was stretched to long in the books and I guess they’ll do the same thing on TV. The books and the TV show was better when they were nomads struggling to survive. Since setting down roots in Alexandria it hasn’t been the same. If the war with Negan turns out to be a bust next big challenge will b the Whispers. Kirkman plans for the book to end at issue #300. Soon the show will out pace the books like GOT and we may see something different then the books. I still watch it every Sunday night but my expectations are not has high as it has been in seasons pass. Like the book the show has to many characters to care about. Do we really care who dies as long as it’s not a member of the core group we have watched for the last seven years. Probably not.... I guess canon fodder is a good thing.

Chont and Bodean like this.

4. bchaffin72

bchaffin72 Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter Vendor Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Stratford,Ontario
    Yeah, doesn't that just frost 'em every time you see it somewhere?

"I don't have a shot!"

Well, you did, you dumb son of a snitch. If you were waiting for your "moment", it just passed..........:D

Tuica likes this.

5. Bodean

Aug 23, 2014
    South Carolina
    I like your take @Electgumbo
    Who knows what direction it will go after a while. It was announced that there will be a crossover show with Fear The Walking Dead. I am guessing that wasn't done in the books, or was it?

6. bchaffin72

bchaffin72 Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter Vendor Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Stratford,Ontario
    Yeah. His little speech of "We have to live with them in peace after it's over." Well, if you kill them for what they've done, most of them plenty willingly it seems, then no. No, you don't have to...........

Chont likes this.

7. Electgumbo

Electgumbo Most Honored Senior Member

Dec 26, 2010
    Scott La.
    @Bodean
    We are around 150 something in the books so we are a little over half way. They killed Glen in issue #100. So they are catching up fast. I still think it will be Carl all grown up telling the story of his Dad at the end.

Chont and Bodean like this.

8. Bodean

Aug 23, 2014
    South Carolina
    I can see that happening as well. Usually around season 10 shows start losing their interest. This show however has a different following that could carry it farther. Maybe even more spinoff shows. The main actors however may fall off here and there as it goes along.

Electgumbo likes this.

9. Chont

Chont Senior Stratmaster

Sep 25, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    The last scene in episode 3 reminded me of one of the scenes from the comics. I recognized the water tower/silo with the ladder.

Electgumbo and Bodean like this.

10. Chont

Chont Senior Stratmaster

Sep 25, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    hmmm... i wonder who's foot this will be if they do recreate the scene.

upload_2017-11-7_11-57-30.png

Bodean likes this.

11. Bodean

Aug 23, 2014
    South Carolina
    That raised a good question.

12. Bodean

Aug 23, 2014
    South Carolina
    Whose foot was it in the comics?

13. Chont

Chont Senior Stratmaster

Sep 25, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    he was introduced on the show in season 5 and is still alive though he might be wearing different pants right now.

14. Bodean

Aug 23, 2014
    South Carolina
    WTH is this a quiz?:D

Chont likes this.

15. Chont

Chont Senior Stratmaster

Sep 25, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    I feel guilty about throwing spoilers out

:D

Bodean and dante1963 like this.

16. Bodean

Aug 23, 2014
    South Carolina
    What number comic was that in?

17. Chont

Chont Senior Stratmaster

Sep 25, 2012
    Pennsylvania

Bodean likes this.

18. Bodean

Aug 23, 2014
    South Carolina
    Haven't read one in few months. I forgot where I left off. This will give me an excuse to read. :D

19. ChatNoir

ChatNoir Strat-Talker

Dec 11, 2010
    Peabody, MA
    Can't say I've been keeping up with the show given how God awful last season was. I'm disappointed with the writing and how long this Negen story line has been going on. At this point Fear the Walking Dead is proving to be the better show...and I can't wait until the next season returns...

Laura

Electgumbo, Bodean and mechanic like this.

20. mechanic

mechanic Strat-Talker

My wife loves the show.
    I'm driven half crazy by the characters total lack of field tactics and the fact no one apparently needs sights on their AR platform. Arrgghhh!!

Bodean and Tuica like this.