Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

"The Walking Dead" thread

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Bodean, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Chont

Chont Most Honored Senior Member

Sep 25, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    I think Daryl should waterboard the whisperer they captured

Bodean likes this.
  2. Bodean

Bodean Just A Simple Man Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 23, 2014
    South Carolina
    It also seems like we have been introduced to the whisperer's a dozen times and still don't know much.:D
    Exciting though.

3. Chont

Sep 25, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    The leg shot to identify the whisperers was epic. Scene was very well done. One of my favorite TWD moments in a while

Bodean likes this.
  4. Bodean

Aug 23, 2014
    South Carolina
    I watched the Talking Dead, and he was on there explaining the scene. What he explained, I didn't see.
    The way I understood it is that( I forget the guys name in the cell) but he is in on the interrogation...maybe?
    It seemed he was leaking too much info if he was. I saw a bit from next week as well, to gather that conclusion. But yeah, more torture would be nice.:D

5. Bodean

Aug 23, 2014
    South Carolina
    Finally using some smarts.:D

Chont likes this.
  6. Chont

Sep 25, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    The kid? I forget what he was in there for other than being drunk.

Maybe throw a walker in there with her on a chain. She’ll talk LOL

Bodean likes this.
  7. Bodean

Aug 23, 2014
    South Carolina
    Seems like they are punishing the hell out of the kid. Although the time lapse may not be that long.
    Yeah, walkers have a way of making you talk. They have no feelings for your feelings.:D
    Turns out the captured girl is the daughter of the lady leader of the whisperers, Alpha. The double barrel wielding creepy lady.
    Wonder what the whisperers will do with Jack Black wannabee and the raised eyebrow guy.:D

Chont likes this.
  8. pgjstrat

pgjstrat Strat-Talker

Dec 26, 2018
    Pensacola, FL
    Kind of stupid for the whisperers to just walk right in in a small group when it was obvious that Darryl was easily picking them off. I thought it was a big tactical mistake for the show. How can they be so absolutely fearless to slowly walk straight towards a guy with a cross bow?

9. Bodean

Aug 23, 2014
    South Carolina
    If you start overthinking all the things they coulda done different it just spoils the fun of watching. There have been countless tactical mistakes over the years.:D
    Just roll with the flow.:thumb:

Electgumbo and Chont like this.
  10. pgjstrat

pgjstrat Strat-Talker

Dec 26, 2018
    Pensacola, FL
    I know. I love the show and have been watching faithfully since the very beginning. Every once in a while there is a moment that just defies all logic and throws all suspension of disbelief out the window.

Bodean likes this.
  11. Chont

Sep 25, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    It’s all part of the experience

[​IMG]

pgjstrat, Bodean and Electgumbo like this.
  12. Chont

Sep 25, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Don’t forget it’s a show about zombies we’re talking about too

Bodean and Electgumbo like this.
  13. Electgumbo

Electgumbo Lost Planet Airman Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 26, 2010
    Scott La.
    Not bad... not bad at all. The show is now on its own. I’m sure they will still incorporate elements from the books but they are creating their own thing now.

Judith struck me as the worst idea of the new show but her interaction with Negan surprised me. To catch him again at the end of the episode was very cool. Basically making him her &itch*! Then I thought about her being raised and trained by Michonne the deadliest woman on Earth and I realized maybe the hat, gun and little katana ain’t just for show?

Negan’s journey may turn out to be good too? Does he somehow get to redeem himself if not to the survivors but to us at least. His part in the battle against the Whispers in the book was epic. Well they let him do that on the show? When his contract is up will he get a heroes death? Or still needing some Star Power for the show will he become a leader again? Can he become the anti-hero lone wolf now that Darrell has become a leader. Will he wander the dead world alone and just pop up now and then?

Anyway they have freed themselves from the books and perhaps realized we wanted more then what we have got the last few seasons. Maybe there will be life for the show after all.

Bodean and Chont like this.
  14. Bodean

Aug 23, 2014
    South Carolina
    All excellent points. It seems the writers are smart enough now to create loose ends that can go anywhere. Also keeps the comic readers from feeling like they know how its gonna go.
    The whisperer's episodes I guess have boosted the ratings now, or at least stabilized them. What happens after that chapter is over? Will there be enough good story line to float the boat?

15. Bodean

Aug 23, 2014
    South Carolina
    Thats funny

Chont likes this.
  16. Bodean

Aug 23, 2014
    South Carolina
    Good to hear. Welcome to the thread. Continue to give your input as we watch as a group.:thumb:

pgjstrat and Chont like this.
  17. pgjstrat

pgjstrat Strat-Talker

Dec 26, 2018
    Pensacola, FL
    Well, to me it's more about the human experience in times of crisis. It's not a simple horror movie kind of show about killing zombies.

18. Alan Crossley

Alan Crossley Strat-O-Master

Nov 20, 2018
    Republic of Ireland

No.

19. Electgumbo

Electgumbo Lost Planet Airman Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 26, 2010
    Scott La.
    @pgjstrat

That’s what all good Zombie movies are about. That’s what Night of the Living Dead is really about. Kirkman’s original idea for the book was or is Night of the Living Dead ... but when the movies end ... the book keeps going... well until issue #300 anyway.

Bodean likes this.
  20. Bodean

Aug 23, 2014
    South Carolina
    Damn you quoted post number one. Thanks for the memories. Since the thread has made it 66 pages, your answer is wrong. Thanks for the input though.

Electgumbo likes this.