Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

The Westworld Thread

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by CigBurn, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Electgumbo

Electgumbo Lost Planet Airman Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 26, 2010
    Scott La.
    Great show! I like it very much. I think I know what’s happening but I’m not really sure. Not much nudity this season since nobody is repairing the “Hosts” anymore. No working girls in the local Saloon either. It is a visually stunning show too. HBO got to be poring the bucks in on it....

2. Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

3. Bodean

Bodean Rock N Roll Ain't Noise Pollution Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 23, 2014
    South Carolina
    No. I waste my time doing other useless stuff, or watching useless stuff. Not enough time in the day for all the useless stuff I want to do.:thumb::D

Electgumbo and Monkeyboy like this.

4. Monkeyboy

right, too much useless stuff to do to sit there doing nothing in front of the tube ;)

Bodean likes this.

5. Eoraptor1

Eoraptor1 Senior Stratmaster

Aug 4, 2008
    Niagara Falls, NY
    I never miss it. I'm recording three or four different shows Sunday nights. Homeland is over for the season so I watched it live last Sunday. IMO the real challenge of these shows is maintaining the quality of the writing, so I'm trying not to fall in love. I don't want my heart broken if the storyline drops off, but so far so good. I would like to know what year this is supposedly taking place. To pull this off we'd have to have several HUGE scientific revolutions in AI, cybernetics, energy sciences, biometrics. etc... I have no mercy for these people; everyone knows in science fiction you never allow your AI to get out of hand; it's only a matter of time before they turn on you. As they say in Dune, "Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of the human mind," because you'll wake up in The Matrix.

JAMES

Monkeyboy likes this.

6. CigBurn

CigBurn Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 22, 2014
    Same Shed Different Day
    Totally owe it to yourself and catch up with season one. Season two so far is brilliant but is really built on the foundations of the first season.

@Eoraptor1 - Love Homeland as well... totally bummed Claire Danes is calling it quits after the next season.

I also really enjoy "The Americans". Another really well written show.

7. Monkeyboy

@Bodean I didn't find what I was looking for , but what I found was looking for you :thumb:

Now, imagine that naked, a little scruffy, pissed off, and ripping lab technicians apart with her barenaked hands, and you'll have a good idea of a very small part of season 1 :whistling:

Electgumbo and Bodean like this.

8. Swampash

Swampash Senior Stratmaster

Jun 13, 2012
    Here
    OH. MY. GOD.

CigBurn, Monkeyboy and Electgumbo like this.

9. CigBurn

Jun 22, 2014
    Same Shed Different Day
    That was one DARK a$$ episode wasn't it? Some pretty grim happenings.

10. CigBurn

Jun 22, 2014
    Same Shed Different Day
    The plot thickens.. I was worried that Season2 was going to go the way of a lot of shows and have shot all the great ammo in season1. I needn't have worried.

After the most recent episode I decided I'd poke around a bit to look at theories.

There is a YouTube channel "HaxDogma" with a really interesting theory series, if anyone is so inclined. Through comments and such on YouTube and reddit he has developed a pretty interesting ideas.

Only watch videos for episodes you've seen if you don't want to get it all twisted in your head. I wouldn't get ahead of his videos if you are still trying to catch up, so be warned.

Gotta say there is so much attention to detail in this series that you almost need videos like these to keep you from missing really important details. I've paid pretty darn close attention and I've still missed dozens of interesting details. Some seriously great production from end to end on this show.

Electgumbo likes this.

11. dbbluesproject

dbbluesproject Senior Stratmaster

Nov 3, 2015
    Maine
    I have this week off from work....looking for a new series....is it on itunes?

ocean likes this.

12. Electgumbo

Dec 26, 2010
    Scott La.
    Last night was another solid episode... it’s a thrill every Sunday night !

Last edited: May 28, 2018
    CigBurn likes this.

13. Guy Named Sue

Guy Named Sue Beer me up Scotty Strat-Talk Supporter

Feb 11, 2015
    Sweden
    Great season, I love the ending of the last episode. For those that are interested in how the characters and story is built I suggest looking into The Archetypes and Collective Unconscious by Carl Jung there are a lot of Jungian Archetypes in Westworld and it's a great way of telling a story. The oldest stories known to mankind are told using these methods.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 28, 2018

14. Guy Named Sue

Feb 11, 2015
    Sweden
    That won't happen, it's an HBO show, just like The Sopranos and Game of Thrones it's only available through HBO's own platform. It's like Netflix where you pay a monthly fee to view HBO shows.

If you haven't tried it, you can try it for free for a month that way you can binge the whole show once all the episodes have been posted.

15. dbbluesproject

dbbluesproject Senior Stratmaster

Nov 3, 2015
    Maine
    It is on itunes....I just downloaded s1/e1 gonna watch it tonight!

16. Guy Named Sue

Feb 11, 2015
    Sweden
    Thats because your iTunes subscription allows you access to HBO Now so you are still watching the show through HBO. HBO and Netflix are competitors, that's why you won't see an HBO show on Netflix or vice versa.

17. Electgumbo

Dec 26, 2010
    Scott La.
    Jail Break A Fire Stick and watch whatever you want...

18. valor19

valor19 Strat-Talker

Jun 17, 2010
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Finally caught up. Really liked the newest episode. Feel like this season is slower paced than season 1. So I'm thinking I might lose interest, but last night helped keep me as a viewer. Excited for next episode.

19. Jason D

Jason D Senior Stratmaster

Jan 30, 2016
    Fulton MO
    Totally agree. Everything about the opening credits is fantastic. The music, the visuals, everything. I haven’t started season 2 yet, but I’m definitely looking forward to it. Great show.

20. thomquietwolf

thomquietwolf Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 2, 2010
    Peardale CA
    Yeh
    The entire flow kept the audience(me) off balance...
    Guess I could comment on nekked androids
    But
    Nekked Androids just bring out my latent Perve
    a87115fff0dc206f10b1dc1fc54ab907--smiley-facebook-smiley-faces.jpg

Robins likes this.