Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

The Whitest White....

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by ChatNoir, Feb 12, 2018.

1. bchaffin72

bchaffin72 Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Oct 4, 2008
    Stratford,Ontario
    Or mine, year round..................:D

2. Scottz

Scottz Strat-Talker

Oct 27, 2017
    Littleton, Colorado
    Arctic white doesn't always stay bright white. My strat is about 30 years old, you can see the arctic white strat has yellowed some. Under the pickguard and in the neck pocket it's still pretty bright.

20171026_181201.jpg

3. Rudi

Rudi Senior Stratmaster

Apr 19, 2016
    Brisvegas
    I see it somewhere between Olympic Pearl and Pearl White,
    But as I just saw the correct answer seems to be the Surpreme White (new to me).

4. rolandson

rolandson Most Honored Senior Member

You can. There's no law standing between you and multiples! There might be "considerations" ...

but really, food is highly overrated. And it leads to all sorts of nasty things we shan't discuss.

arcticstrat likes this.

5. hornpiper

hornpiper Senior Stratmaster

Apr 23, 2014
    Portland, OR
    Seriously, I'm not trying to sound facetious, but, trying to imagine the person at Fender's thinking, when naming the colors, "artic white" specifically vs. "olympic white", or the other whites, "artic white" sounds even "whiter", and thus "colder" to me....if you follow my drift.

Mansonienne likes this.

6. Mansonienne

Mansonienne Stratocrastinator Extraordinaire Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 2, 2015
    Paris suburbs, France
    We were all thinking it.

BallisticSquid likes this.

7. Bladesg

Bladesg Senior Stratmaster

Oct 31, 2013
    Australia
    Fixed

YOSTINATOR likes this.

8. Ronkirn

Ronkirn Senior Stratmaster

May 26, 2006
    Jacksonville, FL
    Is that in the unrealistic world of when ya first open the new case and admire the beauty, thinking it will look like that forever, or the real world, where you're giggin, and some stoned drummer, stumbles out from behind the Slingerlands, spills some purple drink with 3 toys in it all over it, staining it... then hurls the pizza and sushi he had an hour ago all over it and into the case...?

Hey, don't worry about it, ya cannot hear the sweet aroma of Pizza and Sushi hurl... :confused:

Dontcha love being a musician? :p

But. . . . it doesn't matter what color white ya get, they will all be the same shade in a few years, or darn close to it... specially if ya got Nitro.. and probably if it's Poly..

rk

9. ChatNoir

ChatNoir Strat-O-Master

Dec 11, 2010
    Peabody, MA
    I forgot about Alpine white - though not a Fender color. I wouldn't expect any color not to age, only curious of all the white finishes out there, which is the true white and the brightest.

10. tery

tery Most Honored Senior Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Tennessee

11. YOSTINATOR

YOSTINATOR Strat-Talker

Nov 2, 2012
    USA
    LOL

I like both but if Oly White yellows too much it no longer works for me

Bladesg, Willie D and ChatNoir like this.

12. jpjr50

jpjr50 Strat-O-Master

Jun 3, 2016
    Florida
    I'm an artic white Strat owner, love white Strats. Someday I'll have a white Suhr.

My color brightness depends on the light.

This is a lit up home studio with lots bulbs.

[​IMG]The Collection 2 by , on Flickr

This pic has no light, natural color but it wasn't sunny out so it's darker.

[​IMG]Strat 1 by , on Flickr

ChatNoir likes this.

13. heltershelton

heltershelton ASKED TO LEAVE THE STAGE Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 5, 2013
    Not Florida
    here are two to compare...
    2007 arctic white on left, 2010 olympic white on right.
    both have aged but not crazy aged....
    IMG_20180213_094538.jpg

strat_strummer likes this.

14. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 17, 2017
    Lost
    Like I said in a earlier post, I have no clue what white this is unless it is sitting next to another one. 100_0327.JPG

15. T Guitar Floyd

T Guitar Floyd Senior Stratmaster

Oct 27, 2014
    Arizona

16. carver

carver The East Coast Strangler Strat-Talk Supporter

oh it does...

supreme is a canadian "street wear" brand that seems to be really bringing in the top dollar for their stuff.

a Red sweater with the Word Supreme across the front is about 400 to 5000 dollars. depending on how bad the person wants it.

so yeah. Street wear has blown up, and the companies that have become popular are maxing out on that. Looks like Fender wanted a piece of the pie.

https://www.streetwearofficial.com/collections/supreme

T Guitar Floyd likes this.

17. ChatNoir

ChatNoir Strat-O-Master

Dec 11, 2010
    Peabody, MA
    I wonder what that fretboard feels like - never seen one painted.

18. carver

carver The East Coast Strangler Strat-Talk Supporter

probably a good reason for that.

I have a feeling this guitar will just end up in some hypebeasts "recording" studio to never be played again.

19. jpjr50

jpjr50 Strat-O-Master

Jun 3, 2016
    Florida
    I wanted a rosewood board and maple back neck and that's what I bought. I like the contrast versus maple. As you can see below my Tele has a high gloss maple neck and after buying my Strat I really like the rosewood finger board / maple back better. I may change my Tele neck at some point but it's an FSR Limited Edition guitar.

My Strat has a Suhr Thornbucker Plus in the bridge, Suhr V60LP's single coils in the middle / neck positions, Obsidian Wiring Harness, Fender Locking tuners, TusqXL nut and more. I was trying to copy Pete Thorn's Artic White Suhr HSS Strat style guitar after watching his Helix demo. I fell in love with his guitar, I even own a Helix now. My Holy Grail guitar was if his Suhr Signature Guitar came in white, I'd be buyer for sure.

I think the white makes it sound better than the other colors!!!!!! I know some really believe that too.

Like I said in my other reply pics, it depends on the light at to how white it gets. I chose to the Suhr bright white pickups, bright white pickguard, bright white knobs, etc. The center section of the guitar is extremely white, just always like that.

I so want a matching artic white Telecaster, rosewood board / maple back, bright white pickguard to match my Strat. Hmmm....light bulb just went off. I should do a Suhr Artic White Telecaster with Suhr V60LP single coil in the bridge and Suhr Thornbucker Humbucker in the neck. That would be sick!

[​IMG]20160906_145621 by , on Flickr

[​IMG]The Famil Joe Family by , on Flickr

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    ChatNoir, heltershelton and tery like this.

20. Nubs

Nubs Strat-Talker

Aug 29, 2015
    Houston, TX
    Here's a comparison. Here's my arctic white tele:

[​IMG]

I would classify it as a "milk" white. It's what I would call the quintessential white. In contrast, I have an alpine white strat:

[​IMG]

This is more of an "eggshell" or "bone" colored white. Hope that helps a bit.

ChatNoir likes this.