Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Thoughts on an odd pot/cap setup.

Discussion in 'Tech-Talk' started by Jinx_The_Lynx, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Jinx_The_Lynx

Jinx_The_Lynx Strat-Talker

Aug 21, 2016
    West of West
    I said I wasn't gonna change it, yet here I am thinking of odd-ball ideas to make this crazy thing work better for me. Anywho, I thought I'd see what y'all wonderful amateure engineers had to say about it before I waste another set of strings.

I'm currently running two HB's 1 vol 1 tone and a 3-way switch. I notice that I keep my single tone pot at 8.5, 5, and 2 (roughly)... I was thinking about rigging it up as 2 volumes and run three different resistance values on the 3-way switch. I could even use a push/pull switch for the coil split and two different resistance paths, that way I would be able to have 3 different resistance values based on single coils and 3 different values either 250k higher or lower- each with the corresponding cap value.

I'm starting to think that I enjoy the tinkering with it more than playing with it o_O

Civilaggie06 likes this.
  2. Civilaggie06

Civilaggie06 New Member!

Nov 26, 2017
    Austin
    I am in a similar dilemma, I bought a replacement Body for a Stratocaster and have been doing a custom build with a scalloped fret board and a bunch of custom parts.

I am playing with the Idea of installing a solder less system for installing the pickups so that way I can switch them in and out and test and was also looking at playing with the Capacitors too.

Right now in its current form I have some SD "Everything Axe Pickups" and what's strange about them is they say they are humbuckers but in a single coil format but all wiring diagrams I find are treating them as though they are Single Coils. I was thinking of doing a similar approach as you with the Potentiometers trying to do some Coil Tapping.

Right now the Pots I am working with are 250k as per the diagrams, from what I understand with humbuckers if you up the Ohms on the Pots it makes the Tone Brighter. I am not certain how true that is any one else who has clarification please share.

Hows your build going Jinx?

3. Jinx_The_Lynx

Jinx_The_Lynx Strat-Talker

Aug 21, 2016
    West of West
    I'm just tossing around ideas.