Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Thoughts on Pedalboards?

Discussion in 'The Effect effect' started by johnnywizzo, Jan 12, 2018.

1. johnnywizzo

johnnywizzo Strat-Talk Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Vermont
    I'm finally getting around to organizing my pedals on a board. Up until now, they have just been scattered around on the floor in my studio, or stuffed in a carry bag and set up at a gig.

Does anyone have more than one board? I'm thinking about a large board set up for my studio, and a small board for gigs. Advice?

2. Morf2540

Morf2540 Strat-Talk Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Philadelphia, PA

3. johnnywizzo

johnnywizzo Strat-Talk Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Vermont
    Thanks, I saw that. But I didn't see any discussion on multiple boards (however, there are are lot of posts to wade through).

4. Stratoskater

Stratoskater Senior Stratmaster

Feb 8, 2011
    Raleigh NC
    Some do, some don't. I used to have a larger board for gigs and a small practice board at home. Now that I only use 3-4 pedals I just have one board.

johnnywizzo likes this.

5. KillingTone

KillingTone Strat-Talk Member

Mar 13, 2017
    Yardley, PA USA
    I am just completing a board revision and division into 2 PBs. Much larger one for playing/recording in my home studio (fancy word for gear room!) and a smaller one of essentials for various uses: elsewhere in the house, friends' houses, my limited gigs. Should have some pics by tonight.

johnnywizzo likes this.

6. Silvercrow

Silvercrow Senior Stratmaster

Nov 6, 2014
    Bucks County, Pa.
    I build my own, but limit myself dimensionally because I want it to fit into the gig bag I use. I leave enough room "above" to fit another pedal. I also could have built the front up taller to mount the power supply underneath but then it would have been too much of an angle for me...(I'm too picky).

I only play with up to 5 pedals- a lot for me considering that a mere few years ago, one or two were my limit LOL!

This is just 1x3" boards screwed together and painted. I like making them. If you look close you can see the left-most leg through one of the spaces in the mounting boards. There are three legs in the front.

001.JPG

I did mount my delay- I'll have to take a new pic.

I often wondered about doing a 2 tier board that could come apart. Having all your "essential" pedals for a "grab and go" and then using both tiers for when you'd want all your pedals together. Should be doable...I think!

This will be interesting- gonna watch this thread!

Brian

7. Staypuft1652

Staypuft1652 Strat-Talk Member

Oct 23, 2017
    Bismarck, ND
    I dont understand why pedalboards are so expensive. Such as pedaltrains. I will quickly be admonished no doubt, but its some extruded aluminum tacked together, c'mon. Yea the soft case too.

8. Raiders757

Raiders757 Senior Stratmaster

Sep 2, 2016
    Virginia
    I have three boards. A Pedaltrain Pro, Gator Board Large, and a Pedaltrain Jr.

I definitely suggest a smaller to medium board to use as a grab and go for jams and gigs etc. My Pedaltrain Pro, between the pedals, power supplies (2), and the travel case, can be a back breaker. The other two I have are much more portable. The Gator can hold twelve standard sized pedals, and the Jr. can hold ten standard sized pedals. Both come with soft sided gig bags that make transport a bit easier on the back.

johnnywizzo likes this.

9. kchurch

kchurch Senior Stratmaster

Oct 27, 2011
    Ontario, CANADA
    It's nice to have a small "grab and go" rig for jams and such. Will post pics of mine later.

johnnywizzo likes this.

10. CephasG

CephasG Strat-Talk Member

Dec 13, 2017
    USA
    You will get no admonition from me. I have a Pedaltrain Classic 2 and think it is overpriced for what it is.
    Back to the original question by the OP, I would go single board but that's me, I don't use a lot of pedals.

Staypuft1652 likes this.

11. Anderonn

Anderonn Strat-Talker

Dec 22, 2016
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    I did a little research and built my pedalboard from scratch.

Bought all the stuff I needed from my local hardware and got it done within a day.

Only cost about $60 or so. Try that if your handy. Save you some cash (for more pedals of course) and you can take some pride knowing you made it yourself.