Join Strat-Talk Today

Time Machine Strat From 2015

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Guesswat homies, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Guesswat homies

Guesswat homies Strat-Talk Member

Gotta a nice strat here but im coming up short with the specs. I can't find another one in an ash body and the colour is a bit hokey. Theres been a lot of counterfeit cs models in Australia lately so im wary. Heres some pics Screenshot_20190413-164003_Gumtree.jpg Screenshot_20190413-163922_Gumtree.jpg Screenshot_20190413-163821_Gumtree.jpg Screenshot_20190413-163947_Gumtree.jpg

Attached Files:

2. fldog

fldog Strat-Talker

I can't really help you with my limited knowledge, but someone should come along soon. These real or fake threads are my favorite!

3. Kenny80121

Kenny80121 Strat-Talk Member

Looks legit from the limited photos. Relic job looks great (it doesn't on fakes) and the neck looks quartersawn. All of that points to CS. What's the logo on the back of the headstock look like? Certificate of authenticity?

4. sonny wolf

sonny wolf Senior Stratmaster

I see no red flags...looks like a legit Fender custom shop.If it's a fake then they did a great job but I am sure it's a genuine Fender.The body carve looks right,the necks appears quarter sawn with a correctly carved headstock.

5. ZlurkCorzDog

ZlurkCorzDog ALSO BANNED Strat-Talk Supporter

The nut looks too white for bone, I think. The body grain looks good from what I can see.
    Other will want a complete dismantle to determine authenticity.

6. arcticstrat

arcticstrat Senior Stratmaster

I don't know what it exactly is, but I like it :)

7. LostNspace

LostNspace Strat-Talk Member

I had one from about that time frame (see my avatar). I went to Fuller's in Houston for the purpose of demoing some CS Strats. One of the reps kept trying to hand me this black Time Machine model. I was not crazy at all about the heavy relic finish but, after I finally played it, the tone was so much better than any of the rest. It played great, felt great. I could feel it resonate against my body. For whatever reason, the others did not do that. Big boat V neck was perfect. I left with it.

It had a warped single ply pick guard, loose Trem arm, etc. I never did learn to like the looks of it and like an idiot, I sold it a couple of years later. Have not owned or played a Strat as good as it since. Wish I had it back.

If I remember correctly, the COA said "56 Time Machine Custom".

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2019 at 8:31 AM
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.