Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

To buy or not to buy (another Strat) - that is the question

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by gilmourstrat, Feb 14, 2018 at 6:11 AM.

1. heltershelton

heltershelton ROCKIN FOREVER Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 5, 2013
    Not Florida
    it is my opinion that you should buy both a strat AND a tele.
    end of thread.

mimmo and AndSomeone like this.

2. artgtr

artgtr Strat-O-Master

Aug 18, 2013
    WURTSBORO, NY
    Oh go ahead & buy the new Strat, you deserve it! It’s fun, actually so much fun, you might not be able to stop buying new Strats or used. It turns into GAS - Guitar Acquisition Syndrome. Especially if it’s some kind of birthday or other special occasion, or tax return or you just feel like spending a couple grand on that special guitar!
    Good luck!

AndSomeone likes this.

3. ido1957

ido1957 Strat-O-Master

Oct 13, 2014
    Canada
    Shop carefully as you've been spoiled with your current #1. Tough call as to what type, because you always wonder what am I missing. Here's hoping you find an equally amazing axe for a backup or, another #1

4. AndSomeone

AndSomeone Strat-Talk Member

Jan 2, 2018
    Santa Monica
    You go get the road worn tele which is based on a 50s the quality is top notch as you yourself have experience with your road worn strat.

5. stratcpo

stratcpo Senior Stratmaster

Jan 19, 2010
    south texas USA
    How could you even ask a question like that on a Strat forum? You already knew the answer, HELL YES! ENJOY!!!

6. jvin248

jvin248 Senior Stratmaster

Jan 10, 2014
    Michigan

Since you only need a backup guitar for your Strat you need a second Strat as that backup. As a voice of restraint, it only needs to be a Strat-like-object. Check out whatever is the equivalent at Thomann Harley Benton line. Get it and get a local guitar tech to do a fret level/crown/polish and deep setup. Go for a fun looking paint job version.

Then take your time shopping for a new fun guitar of some other variety. A Tele is great. An Esquire or Les Paul Junior is really freeing and teachable platform, I didn't know how to use the volume or tone pot nor picking location effects until I got my LP Jr. Some of the PRS SE models are good and fun.

7. Groovey

Groovey Senior Stratmaster

Nov 17, 2016
    NC. USA
    I believe the question is "why not, buy another..?"

8. Hawk8789

Hawk8789 Strat-Talker

Apr 11, 2013
    Las Vegas, Nv
    I would hold on to your money until you find a guitar in person that you connect with. Getting a guitar just because is never as satisfying as finding one that you just have to take home.

gilmourstrat and Ebidis like this.

9. mimmo

mimmo Strat-Talk Member

Mar 15, 2015
    Paris
    ^^^^this!

heltershelton likes this.