Join Strat-Talk Today

TrueFire - Blues Speak

Discussion in 'Tab & Music Forum' started by ido1957, Mar 14, 2019.

1. ido1957

ido1957 Senior Stratmaster

I bought this course and have just started working on the lessons. TBH I'm doing pub jams only so I need to strengthen my blues repertoire. I suppose it's somewhat transferable for covers and originals.
    I'm digging the GUI interface, the tabs, speed control etc etc and Matt Schofield is a great instructor.

2. DickBanks

DickBanks Strat-Talker

I've been doing lessons on there for about 18 months, Blues and Jazz tracks. I found that the best deal is All-Access, for a year at a time.

Very satisfied with it--and they update the lesson bank frequently.

3. diverse379

diverse379 Strat-Talker

I dig true fire a lot there’s always a lesson to sink your teeth into

But I supplement it with
    A print method. Books
    Right now I’m doing a daily training with
    Daily aerobics and 365 rhythm studies I do one each a day
    I’m noticing big gains

Then when I go back to true fire at the end of the week
    I’m further along than I was last week

4. RaySachs

RaySachs Strat-O-Master

I like it too, but all-access doesn't work for me. With that approach, I always feel like I have to be using it to get the most value for my $$$. Which causes me to put too much pressure on myself and start thinking of it as an obligation, rather than fun. I just buy a course when I see one I want to try - usually when they're on sale, but I've paid full price for a few. That way I have THOSE courses anytime I want them, I can take them at my own pace, I can use TrueFilre intensively for a week or three at a time and then back away from it without feeling like I'm spending money on something I'm not using.

I found that the first year, I probably spent as much as I would have on all-access, but in the next year and the few additional months I've been using it, I'm spending much less, because I have such a large backlog of stuff to work through. Usually when they put new stuff on sale, I look at it but realize I already have plenty to keep me busy along the same lines. Occasionally I'll buy a course, but pretty rarely anymore. So it cost a fair amount at first, but very little since. And I don't have to think about how much I'm spending and not using when I take a break from it...

-Ray

5. montemerrick

montemerrick spiritual birthday, April 1 Strat-Talk Supporter

Howard Morgen's Fingerboard Breakthrough is gold.

fezz parka likes this.
  6. Dick Blackmore

Dick Blackmore Senior Stratmaster

I am a big fan of David Hamburger on TrueFire.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.