Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Two Ebay listings too good to be true??

Discussion in 'Pre-CBS Strats (before 1966)' started by Bazz Jass, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Lozboy

Lozboy Strat-Talk Member

Sep 2, 2015
    UK
    These are both back on now so you can take your pick.

2. Bazz Jass

Bazz Jass Chairman of the Fingerboard Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 19, 2014
    Comfy Chair
    Curiouser and curiouser....

3. jeff h

jeff h Senior Stratmaster

Jan 13, 2017
    Ohio
    A bit of a cautionary tale, recently I bought an item from ebay from a seller with a 5 star rating and a bunch of positive feedback. What they shipped me was a downgraded version of what I ordered.

I explained to them that they made a mistake and I wanted the other items that should have been included in the sale (it was a combo package). They still had them up for sale in their store, so I knew they had them. The seller only offered a refund if I shipped the whole thing back to him. He never once offered to make good on the original deal of giving me everything that was in the auction that I bought, just give a refund after I shipped it back.

I took the issue to Ebay who heard the facts, sided with me, but told me that my only recourse was to ship the item back for a full refund. Never offered to pursue me actually getting the original item that I wanted.

Anyway, with this policy of Ebay, sellers can easily try to scam you and think you won't notice a fake. If you do notice it, all they have to do is pay for return shipping and refund you and their 5 star rating stays in tact. Seems really crappy to me. I'm about done with Ebay.

4. CalicoSkies

CalicoSkies Senior Stratmaster

Jun 10, 2013
    Hillsboro, OR, USA
    As a seller, I think a local pickup would be great so that nobody has to pay shipping charges. Often I like to sell on Craigslist or OfferUp first so that I don't have to pay eBay fees, and if I have a hard time selling there, I'll consider other options to sell.

5. theworm

theworm New Member!

Dec 16, 2011
    new york
    Bazz Jass likes this.

6. Bazz Jass

Bazz Jass Chairman of the Fingerboard Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 19, 2014
    Comfy Chair

7. stratman323

stratman323 Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK

8. altar

altar Strat-Talker

Oct 4, 2016
    USA
    Wow that was quick, a 3 day auction? It seems like he is in a big hurry to get rid of them which is suspicious too. It looks like he got rid of the part where he was offering a discount for paying with a wire transfer. Probably will try to message the buyer after it ends and get him to pay with one I imagine.

9. altar

altar Strat-Talker

Oct 4, 2016
    USA
    You could still leave the guy negative feedback and bad stars although they aren't really important anymore. You do have to maintain certain metrics that are shown in your seller dashboard though and if he pulls that kind of stuff too many times his account will get restricted.

10. stratman323

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    If the sale was cancelled after the item was returned, there won't be the facility for the buyer to leave feedback as there is no longer a sale on which to comment.

11. altar

altar Strat-Talker

Oct 4, 2016
    USA
    Actually there is because I've done it they just make it hard to find, I had to google how to do it.

12. stratman323

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    So please explain because I tried, then checked with eBay, only to be told that you can't give feedback on a transaction that has been voided & a refund issued.

13. altar

altar Strat-Talker

Oct 4, 2016
    USA
    "When a transaction is cancelled, ebay removes the feedback link from the won listing and the purchase summary. You have to go to the feedback forum to leave feedback" I just found this again after a google search that linked to Ebay's community forums. I did it only a month ago so I'm sure it still works.

14. stratman323

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    I wish I had known that a while ago!

15. altar

altar Strat-Talker

Oct 4, 2016
    USA
    It's pretty stupid they have it hidden in a section of the site no one goes to, not sure why they make it so hard but it needs to be changed.