Join Strat-Talk Today

Uhm...so...anyone believe in ghosts?

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Joejitsu, May 20, 2019.

1. sam_in_cali

sam_in_cali Scream for me Strat-Talk! Strat-Talk Supporter

Still loving it! It’s actually my best sounding guitar

MrYeats likes this.
  2. Chont

Chont Most Honored Senior Member

I actually had another experience a few years ago but not at my house.

We decided to send our daughter to the state school for the deaf to see if she'd do better there than in the local program she was in. Its a far trip so she would have to dorm there. I drove her out on a Sunday and got her situated and the staff let me stay the night in one of the guest apartments above the offices in the main building which was the oldest part of the school. I'm assuming it was the original school built in the late 1800s

I was up in the apartment in the evening watching TV and reading and kept hearing commotion. Sounded like people were setting up the auditorium for an assembly. Heard a piano, footsteps all sorts of sounds you might associate with people moving things around and setting up a school stage. At one point I went out into the hallway and didn't see anyone so assumed it was downstairs and they were setting up for a welcome back to school assembly.

the next morning I go down to the main office to return the keys and say goodbye and the woman asks me how I slept. I told here fine once the noise settled down. She asked me what noise I was referring to. I explained what I described above and she told me I was the only one in the building because there were no other families using any of the other guest apartments.

uhhh ok thanks here's the keys I'm outta here.

3. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

It didn't look like this did it?

[​IMG]

RobZ69, circles, StratSounds and 3 others like this.
  4. Swampash

Swampash Senior Stratmaster

With fire of course

5. Bodean

Bodean Just A Simple Man Strat-Talk Supporter

AdorableEmotionalClumber-max-1mb.gif

circles, Chont and Thrup'ny Bit like this.
  6. Bodean

I would love to stay there one night.

Thrup'ny Bit likes this.
  7. Chont

no i wouldn't have stayed if it had LOL

Thrup'ny Bit likes this.
  8. Bodean

I don't understand the reluctance to talk about ones paranormal experiences.
    Unless they put you in an embarrassingly compromising situation, which then definitely you should spill the beans.

Chont likes this.
  9. Chont

Touched by and angel

circles and Bodean like this.
  10. Chont

I think it was the building on the left

upload_2019-5-21_9-42-2.png

Thrup'ny Bit likes this.
  11. Bodean

OOOooo a haunted bordello!!!!!
    Sounds like the next vacation destination to me.:sneaky::whistling::D

circles and Thrup'ny Bit like this.
  12. Bodean

Who took that brochure picture?????
    220px-Vincent_Price_in_House_on_Haunted_Hill_(cropped).jpg

circles and Thrup'ny Bit like this.
  13. knh555

knh555 Senior Stratmaster

A bit of purposely ghostly music I recorded last year over a backing...

14. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

People are not comfortable with being ridiculed. I couldn't care less, so I'll tell you.

I was walking through town, back in 1975 with some of my friends from college, when I bumped into my grandad. We had a brief conversation, spoke about family and went on our way. It wasn't until my friends asked who the old chap was, that I realised, he'd died six months before...

15. Chont

it looked cooler than the hi res color photos you can find now LOL. I wouldn't want to take away from the creepiness of the experience

Thrup'ny Bit and Bodean like this.
  16. knh555

knh555 Senior Stratmaster

Korean RomCom about a virgin ghost that needs to resolve her grudge.

[​IMG]

17. Bodean

Thats incredible. Seeing my grandpa after his death was a life changer for me. It didn't last long enough, but it happened.
    He died from brain cancer. In his last days he was miserable, in and out of consciousness. Would awake crying saying the devil was speaking to him. He died at home. I was raised by my grandparents and stayed in the house after he died. That's where I saw him at the foot of my bed one night. There was another encounter that I didnt speak of till this day. I was sleeping and was awakened by a feeling of someone in the room. Its dark in the country, no lights beaming in the window to illuminate things unless the moon is out. There was a night light in the hallway so I could see only light from the door coming in the bedroom. I was sleeping on m side so I just glanced toward the door and saw a shadowy figure creeping towards me. I wanted to move but couldn't. I wanted to jump up but couldn't move. The figure came up beside me and leaned over me and then disappeared. My heart was beating out of my chest and I admit I was scared s**tless. I was then able to get up and examine the house, gun in hand, but no one was there but me and my grandmother who was fast asleep.

18. Chont

Another creepy experience I had that didn't involve a ghost but was still effing creepy was when wife's aunt was in the hospital dying. We were engaged at the time and went to visit her in a NYC hospital. This was at the same time that my grandmother who lived in North Carolina was also coming to the end of her life. Never seen this woman in my life and shes in an out of conciousness between her health and the meds. My wife says to her, "hello Aunty Mary I want you to meet my fiance chont (no she didn't really say chont LOL)... we're going to be married next month." She perks up and looks at me and says "Shes in North Carolina"

freaked me the eff out. Nearly shat myself right then and there. Old people can be so creepy

Grandma died 2 weeks later in NC

WhiteWabbit likes this.
  19. TimTheViking

TimTheViking Strat-Talker

My thought exactly. If there's a ghost, it'll play the axe. Listen for the Monster Mash in particular.

20. ToneRanger

ToneRanger Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

In my case, at least in regards to my father's experiences, it would get into a discussion of religion and I know that's off limits.

What my son and I saw in NOLA was a little different - we were walking by an occult shop ("In New Orleans? Nah!") and I happened to glance over into the shop and it looked like what I can only describe as a black mist - it was like smoke, moving and swirling, but actually black, not grey like smoke or incense - you could see through it, and people in the shop were interacting as if nothing was there, but it was definitely there.
    It kind of gave me a chill, but I thought to myself, "Na, I didn't see that - just my mind playing tricks on me."
    Then 3 or 4 steps down the sidewalk past the shop my 15-year-old son says, "Dad, did you see the black smoke in that shop?"
    I said, "You saw something? Describe it." And he described the exact same thing I had witnessed and how it gave him the creeps.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.