Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

UK Roguestock March 10th 2018 attendance list

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by s5tuart, Sep 27, 2017.

1. s5tuart

s5tuart ...... Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 8, 2011
    Bedford, UK
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
    felis, Omar and Mansonienne like this.

2. Mansonienne

Mansonienne Stratocrastinator Extraordinaire Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 2, 2015
    Paris suburbs, France

3. Miller67

Miller67 Strat-Talker

Sep 1, 2016
    London

4. s5tuart

Aug 8, 2011
    Bedford, UK

5. alainvey

alainvey Senior Stratmaster

Jan 31, 2015
    London, UK
    I’ll have to get back to you, I think that might be when I’m in the US...

s5tuart likes this.

6. Dan_Q

Dan_Q Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 26, 2016
    NW UK
    aww thanks for thinking of me @s5tuart but i'm afraid two things limit me and restrict me- talent, and head problems!

but y'all have a super time and I'm looking forwards to reading the reports etc already :)

s5tuart likes this.

7. nungesser

nungesser I ain't askin' for much..Lord take me downtown... Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 28, 2014
    Ireland
    felis, Mansonienne and s5tuart like this.

8. s5tuart

Aug 8, 2011
    Bedford, UK
    simoncroft likes this.

9. s5tuart

Aug 8, 2011
    Bedford, UK
    felis and Mansonienne like this.

10. felis

felis Senior Stratmaster

Nov 27, 2013
    Antwerp/Belgium
    let's do it. :thumb: And sorry for last time my friend :oops:, making it not possible to play.
    So much practice put in, just to have to leave the studio before we could play it. :confused:

Mansonienne and s5tuart like this.

11. Malurkey

Malurkey Senior Stratmaster

Dec 28, 2016
    Netherlands

I approve!

felis, Mansonienne and s5tuart like this.

12. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Most Honored Senior Member

May 7, 2014
    UK
    I'm out guys, just checked the date. I'm away in America for two weeks hols sorry folks.

13. Mansonienne

Dec 2, 2015
    Paris suburbs, France
    :(

Fendereedo likes this.

14. s5tuart

Aug 8, 2011
    Bedford, UK
    That's a shame! Maybe Brussels in June?

15. nungesser

nungesser I ain't askin' for much..Lord take me downtown... Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 28, 2014
    Ireland
    official disclaimer
    I've never played a song recorded by someone else ever, and wouldn't know what key i'm playing in, and a bit like BB King don't really know any chords, so maybe I can choose a few songs from the list that you come up with and have a listen and come up with some licks that might fit in. can jam the blues all night long, and play slide. Ok I leave this as my first and last time mentioning my guitar playing limitations. but... have guitar and will travel.. I'm mainly coming along for the "craic" and chance to meet ya all,

16. s5tuart

Aug 8, 2011
    Bedford, UK
    Well, someone on slide guitar will add yet another dimension for sure. The songs marked as OPEN JAM are for everybody to join in if they so choose, ad hoc, on the spur of the moment etc.
    The ones that are not open jams are of course still wide open for whoever wants to play on them but within the structure of the original song and not a free for all jam. Maybe we should add a couple of 12 bars in to the list for anyone who feels the urge to give it some beans in a loose jam... :D
    It's important to note that the last 2 jams have been a criticism free zone. There are players of all abilities and we will all be there for the sole purpose of making music together and having fun. There have been no prima donnas, no egos and no judging of anyone else's playing. :D :D

17. nungesser

Apr 28, 2014
    Ireland
    Thanks Stuart sounds great!

Mansonienne and s5tuart like this.

18. s5tuart

Aug 8, 2011
    Bedford, UK
    I have a cunning plan! :D

I have been thinking about staying overnight in London and being able to have a few beers in the evening with the customary meal after the jam.
    I find the prices in London way higher and the level of accommodation way lower than here in Bedford. Bedford railway station is only 35 minutes on a fast train from St Pancras (Eurostar station) so I'm wondering if the benefit in costs and comfort are worth this idea?.....

If people can get to Bedford on the Friday, we could have a night out locally (meal, local pub band etc). Then I'm thinking about hiring a minibus and a driver for the Saturday. Leave Bedford around 0830 and arrive at the studio just before 1000. Then get collected from a restaurant (TBC) around midnight and head back to the relative comfort of Bedford.
    An 8 seater minibus taxi will cost 8 of us £140 (about £18 each) each way but I'm sure I'll be able to hire a larger minibus and a driver cheaper.
    Obviously you'll need to do your own maths and look at our local hotels but I present it as an idea for your consideration. :D :D

Groovey likes this.

19. Mansonienne

Dec 2, 2015
    Paris suburbs, France
    ...a plan so cunning you could put a nose on it and call it a weasel!!:D
    If I were coming alone I'd be up for it, but I'm bringing the family and they will want to be in London for sightseeing on Saturday, etc.

s5tuart likes this.

20. s5tuart

Aug 8, 2011
    Bedford, UK
    Ha ha! Black adder-ish indeed! :D
    Quite understandable Andrea... :D

Mansonienne likes this.