Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

UK Roguestock March 10th 2018 attendance list

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by s5tuart, Sep 27, 2017.

1. s5tuart

s5tuart ...... Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 8, 2011
    Bedford, UK
    Will you be playing guitar too? Do you need the chords?

Bm7, A, D, E, F# is what I hear...

2. Malurkey

Malurkey Senior Stratmaster

Dec 28, 2016
    Netherlands
    Noooo...

I know 3 of the chords you mention there. Singing and playing simultaneously is a bit too hard for me still.

s5tuart likes this.

3. s5tuart

Aug 8, 2011
    Bedford, UK
    No probs. John ( @felis ) and I have it covered! :thumb:

4. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Antisocial Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

In the olden days...

s5tuart likes this.

5. s5tuart

Aug 8, 2011
    Bedford, UK
    ...we used to lift off the needle and try to get the beginning of the passage we were trying to learn.

Groovey, Mansonienne and Thrup'ny Bit like this.

6. felis

felis Senior Stratmaster

Nov 27, 2013
    Antwerp/Belgium
    Just in case I missed something :oops::D, for "Running on back to you"?

We (I :whistling:;)) do?

Mansonienne likes this.

7. s5tuart

Aug 8, 2011
    Bedford, UK
    Oooops! Sorry to stress you! I think that Manuel and Hugo are already down on that. I have no idea what prompted me to write that! I blame Hotel California! :D

felis likes this.

8. Malurkey

Dec 28, 2016
    Netherlands
    I’m from a later era, but I do remember recording radio songs on cassette in order to be able to rewind them...

Of course, @Thrup’ny Bit and his clan used to hunt down the bard, and roast him over an open fire until the monk had written down all the lyrics. Then they’d eat him to absorb his musical powers. They used to do that in Yorkshire until the late 50’s you know?

9. felis

felis Senior Stratmaster

Nov 27, 2013
    Antwerp/Belgium
    Phew, you scared me there :eek: for a moment! :p:D;)

s5tuart likes this.

10. s5tuart

Aug 8, 2011
    Bedford, UK
    Sorry mate! :D
    Although it's not a hard one to play rhythm on but to get the lead right might be more demanding! :D

felis likes this.

11. nutball73

nutball73 Strat-Talker

Nov 12, 2013
    UK
    Quick observation - how accurate are we trying to be with these? I'm personally not a big fan of note-by-note copies (mainly because I get bored trying to learn them) so I generally noodle around in the general area. Will that upset people?

2-Finger likes this.

12. s5tuart

Aug 8, 2011
    Bedford, UK
    On the non-open jam songs, and especially those with twin leads and other notable leads (Take me out, Alright Now etc) `I think it's best if whoever puts their name down on the non-open songs gets as close as they can because that's what everyone else will be playing to, including the structure.
    On the open jams, that's exactly what it means, in my opinion. You do whatever you're capable of or want to do without the confines of a note for note copy.
    But that is only my opinion. Others may disagree.

simoncroft likes this.

13. nutball73

nutball73 Strat-Talker

Nov 12, 2013
    UK
    Okey doke. I won't try Hotel California then!

Not being pedantic, but...

I've generally played the original single versions of Alright Now, Boys are back in Town, Wicked Game and Can't Get Enough. The YouTube videos are different. Which version are we doing?

Anyone who wants to join in the songs I own can do so without the "note police" ;)

I'm sure it'll all work out on the day!

Groovey likes this.

14. s5tuart

Aug 8, 2011
    Bedford, UK
    I can only speak for my "sponsored" songs when I say that the Youtube links in the spreadsheet are the versions I'd prefer to do please and I would much prefer those putting their names down on my songs to do a little homework before the day.

As far as The Note Police is concerned I don't think anyone will be taking names on the day, they haven't so far and that is not the spirit of these events.
    We are all of differing abilities and the day should be planned around that.
    I believe that is why some songs are labelled as open jams and others are not.

Please feel free to add more open jam easy numbers that you (or anyone else) thinks will be fun.

simoncroft likes this.

15. Malurkey

Dec 28, 2016
    Netherlands
    @s5tuart: Do you still want to put ‘Baker Street’ on the list? If so I need to set Paul practicing!

16. s5tuart

Aug 8, 2011
    Bedford, UK
    It was a suggestion for Paul to get a well known sax solo in. So its up to Paul if he wants to really mate... he's only chosen one number. :D

17. simoncroft

simoncroft Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

May 30, 2013
    SE England
    Hello! I thought I might have recruited us another bass player, but it turns out he has to work that day.

There are three songs I suggested that have no bass player. Here's what I suggest we do:

C'mon Everybody* – I'll take the bass part

I Don't Need No Doctor and Messin' With The Kid – maybe better that we just drop them.

*I have a much heavier version of this than the Led Zep one! I'll record it and post it soon.

18. Groovey

Groovey Senior Stratmaster

Nov 17, 2016
    NC. USA
    They don't sound difficult but I can't promise to do these any justice.

simoncroft likes this.

19. s5tuart

Aug 8, 2011
    Bedford, UK
    Oh Simon, that's a shame, especially as you put your name down for every other bass part that didn't have a bass player!
    Like Dave, I ain't no bassist but I can bang out root notes if that helps. Happy to come off rhythm if someone else can step in. I hope we can work it out for your songs! I'll do whatever you want me to...

simoncroft likes this.

20. Groovey

Groovey Senior Stratmaster

Nov 17, 2016
    NC. USA
    Let's leave em on the list for a bit so I don't forget them. Give me a chance to go over them. I've been at work for three weeks. Home this evening. I can give them more attention soon.

simoncroft, felis and s5tuart like this.