Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Upgrade time?

Discussion in 'Squier Strat Forum' started by MrHooligan, Dec 28, 2017.

1. MrHooligan

MrHooligan Strat-Talk Member

May 8, 2016
    USA
    Entering my third decade of guitar abusing and finally decided to make something of my own.....
    So I picked up a HSS bullet strat from MF almost a year ago brand new. Black with maple fretboard and all black hardware. To my surprise the fretwork was good and neck was straight so I moved on to the setup.
    Did my tweaking and set it up to my liking. Only change this far is a shielded pick guard from amazon for $11.
    Am going to upgrade the tuners and have not decided yet but am torn between planet waves trim lock and hipshot grip locks.
    I need ideas on pickups. I prefer new and am leaning towards GFS brand but am curious if its really going to make a sonic difference to justify the cost. The stock piclups work and are okay but I want better than okay sounding. Am planning on keeping the HSS format as I like versatility and it works for me.
    What say the experts? And thanks for reading.

2. Believer7713

Believer7713 Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

Dec 27, 2016
    US
    If it were me, I would go with the Planet waves Auto trim tuners (I have them on 4 guitars now and absolutely love them). As far as P'ups go, check out either Rose Pickups or Alexander Pribora. They both make excellent products that have mad all the difference in the world on my guitars at really reasonable prices.

Yaralag and Raiders757 like this.

3. Jimi Lightning

Jimi Lightning Senior Stratmaster

Dec 21, 2016
    Ontario, Canada
    Ive had good luck with my GF EVH style loaded pickguard, aged cream sss pickgurad and the set of Lil Killer and super strat kit. Price was a factor so I saved even more when I picked them up during their discount days.
    I havent compared them to other brands but theybwork for me. :)

MrHooligan likes this.

4. Raiders757

Raiders757 Senior Stratmaster

Sep 2, 2016
    Virginia
    I'll second @Believer7713 on the Planet Waves Auto Trim locking tuners. I believe it was he who recommended them to me and now have them on two Squire guitars (about to add them to a third). It's hard to find locking tuners that fit Squire guitars without reaming the holes on the headstock. The Planet Waves fit nicely. All you'll have to do is drill a small hole/tap for the screws.

MrHooligan likes this.

5. MrHooligan

MrHooligan Strat-Talk Member

May 8, 2016
    USA
    Y’all are amazing. Sounds like the planet waves are gonna be the choice.

Believer7713 likes this.