Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Value question.....

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by lineboat, Jul 3, 2018.

1. lineboat

lineboat Strat-O-Master

Aug 5, 2013
    western ky
    I have a friend with an older acrylic bodied Strat. It’s a cool partscaster with a 1969 neck, and possibly vintage pickups. That’s yet to be determined.
    My question is, what’s that neck worth? It’s in really good condition for its age. I know what they’re priced at on Reverb and places like that, but realistically, what’s it worth?
    I’m just gonna try to help him sell it, and I think he’s priced it way too low. He’s getting older, retired, and I think he should ask a fair price instead of getting hosed.

2. Mr Dunlop

Mr Dunlop Senior Stratmaster

Nov 30, 2014
    usa
    Its only worth what someone is willing to pay.
    Throw it up on ebay or reverb with a high price and add a best offer option. Be patient and wait for a decent offer to come in.
    Take nice clear pictures of the neck

3. artgtr

artgtr Senior Stratmaster

Aug 18, 2013
    WURTSBORO, NY
    Post some pics & a little more detail, is it a legitimate 1969 Fender neck? Good luck.

4. rich815

rich815 Strat-O-Master

If he’s priced it way too low I might be interested! ;)

Seriously it sounds like a funky set up which could cloud things up some. Detailed photos showing exact condition of all aspects will be key. If it’s got the right stamps and looks good it could indeed be worth a nice sum. If it’s nebulous as to it’s origins and part of a possible partscaster or too many mods or changes it may sit for a while until the right buyer comes along or need to be priced sweetly to sell quickly.

lineboat likes this.
  5. gibsonsmu

gibsonsmu Senior Stratmaster

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas
    A 69' neck? Maybe $1k to $2k or so with original finish and in nice shape. Tough call

6. lineboat

lineboat Strat-O-Master

Aug 5, 2013
    western ky
    I’m gonna try to get with him in the next few days and get some good pics of all the markings, and he’s gonna try to find the paperwork from when he bought it.
    I imagine if it had a spec sheet that would help tremendously.

7. lineboat

lineboat Strat-O-Master

Aug 5, 2013
    western ky
    Finally got a chance to check it out a little better. It’s a ‘68 neck. And it’s pretty sweet! Plays nice too. Total engine block though. That acrylic is HEAVY! IMG_8918.JPG IMG_8920.JPG IMG_8917.JPG IMG_8929.JPG

It should be worth $1500 shouldn’t it? (To the right person of course)

8. Tone Guru

Tone Guru Senior Stratmaster

Dec 13, 2011
    Music City TN
    Sorry, but what you have there is not Fender.

The bullet truss adjust came later, in 1971.
    Not a Fender neck, probably early-mid '70s Japanese.

Two lines (or Klusons of any kind) would not have been correct for 1968, but even still those are modern re-pops.

There were a number of plastic clear-bodied guitars out of Japan in the early '70s inspired by the Ampeg/Dan Armstrong Lucite guitar.
    Most that I've seen were Univox copies of the Dan, or other guitar styles.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    Yves and CarbonCanyon like this.
  9. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Senior Stratmaster

Feb 27, 2018
    North Central NC
    That's a very nice looking guitar. Working with that material is very time consuming and it looks well done. I bet it sustains a bit longer than a typical Strat.

Too bad about the three bullet holes in the body. But Seriously are they carved into the acrylic, or just stick-on decorations?

10. lineboat

lineboat Strat-O-Master

Aug 5, 2013
    western ky
    They’re just stickers. From a few feet away they’ll make you look twice!

Triple Jim likes this.
  11. lineboat

lineboat Strat-O-Master

Aug 5, 2013
    western ky
    Well that sucks.

What about those markings on the neck heel?
    I’d never seen any like that before, but didn’t think much about it. Is that how the copiers used to do it?

12. Rufustelestrat

Rufustelestrat Senior Stratmaster

If you part that our my guess it 20 or 30 for the body and a few dollars for the rest. Sorry.\
    R

13. Rayzaa

Rayzaa Strat-O-Master

Jul 1, 2015
    Las Vegas, NV
    That doesn't always work. If there is a ridiculous price on it to start, I don't even bother to make offers. But that's me.