Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Ventura Vibe pedal

Discussion in 'The Effect effect' started by playit, Sep 22, 2017.

1. playit

playit Strat-O-Master

Jul 14, 2014
    Germany
    Hello y'a all,
    just got the Digitech ventura vibe for 100 bucks (euro) - a friend gave it to me because he got a good deal on a strymon leslie sim pedal and did not need the other options on the digitech pedal.
    First of all : heavy pedal, feeling sturdy and solid.
    Stereo ins and outs - do not need stereo ins .. but no problem, maybe I will need them later.
    The footswitch has a "ramp" function, holding it means the effect gets faster but needs some time to reach top speed ... this is cool for soloings or elsewhere.
    VIBE :
    Excellent - very much what I hoped for and more.
    The tone level gives all types of squishyness, great for funky style.
    Big Plus : I can dial in a more subtle effect sound, with drive (pedal has a drive pot - how great is that ..?)
    It has mix and dephts - all possible from Trower and Gilmour to D. Bramhall 2.
    Vibe is definitly great.
    (I always had a problem with the two knobs of my dano pedal .. sounds good but only allows all or nothing ..
    Same with the Phase 90 - great, too but too much effect and volume jump for me .. sounding good, though)
    With the Ventura vibe I can do a more subtle effect sound and (best) leave it on for soloings.

VIBRATO :
    Great, too. Every sound you want, even flanging ... very cool and not like a phaser ... it is chorussy like it should.
    Drive sounds good, too.
    It is a Vibrato sound as you'd expect.
    You can dial in the treble you want - and leave your amp and guitar settings as they are ...

Leslie :
    In stereo this shines even more .. as said before : every option you need, every sound you have in mind.
    Maybe the Moebius vent or Strymon has more options and is closer ... but who cares for the last ten percent...
    A five-knobber is all I need to make my sound.
    Ramp option great for some spots or a soloing - rich and round pedal.

Digital sound against analog :
    Cannot hear a difference ... have some analog pedals to compare (ehx, boss, dano).
    I like the clear treble - dialing it out is better than not having it.
    This pedal is dead quiet - no hiss or anything in my case (haven't gigged with it .. it's too fresh)

This will be my only mod pedal for gigs now ... I just have to have the settings in mind to change them on the fly ..
    That is no problem.

I like this pedal a lot and it is small and needs 9volts ..

2. JohnDH

JohnDH Senior Stratmaster

Digitech are great pedals. I have a full set of the previous Hardwire series, including the Ventura's predecessor: TR7 trem/rotary. Its my favourite mod pedal, particularly the Univibe sim, once you find the settings, and it does several classic tremolos too.

playit likes this.

3. ashcastermetal

ashcastermetal Senior Stratmaster

Jun 1, 2012
    NYC
    Yeah man, great review. I've recently grabbed a bunch of DigiTech pedals and they are really very good pedals. I've been eying that one for a while as well

The Obscura Delay and the Polara Reverb are awesome, a lot of flexibility and extra functions on the foot switch, pretty ingenious. I also have the FreqOut which is an artificial harmonic generator, sounds awesome when you want to get a note to sing a bit more. It sounds like amp feedback harmonics if you want subtle and can also be set up to do crazier things.

The build quality is top notch and just feels rock solid. The Harman Group (Harman/Kardon) owns DigiTech, as well as DOD pedals and both companies have put out really outstanding stuff recently. Well done by them. DOD does the analog stuff FYI.

playit likes this.

4. Raiders757

Raiders757 Senior Stratmaster

Sep 2, 2016
    Virginia
    Awesome review. Kind of makes me want to go out and check one out. HNPD.

playit likes this.

5. Electgumbo

Electgumbo Most Honored Senior Member

Dec 26, 2010
    Scott La.
    HNPD! I have several Vibe pedals that I'm happy with so I never tried Ventura Vibe. I also have a Mini Vent. If I wasn't choaking the ..... out of every $ I'd buy a Möbius. But you sure did a solid review of the pedal and it seems to perform well for you. So HNPD!

playit likes this.

6. playit

playit Strat-O-Master

Jul 14, 2014
    Germany
    Now I found out that a slow speed on vibe and rotary works good for me - I love to have some funky sound on rythm work - the vibe setting offers that, plus you can dial in more treble to get that wha-ish sound .. great.
    Today we did "Cold shot" just for fun ... used same setting as on vibe, just switched to rotary - big plus .. great to put your foot on the pedal to get full speed.
    Big fan of this pedal, for the big sound and mostly for the treble AND the drive knob which allow getting your own tone.