Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Vibroking Owners Club

Discussion in 'Amp Owners Clubs' started by WeFixFlats, Feb 21, 2015.

1. WeFixFlats

WeFixFlats Strat-Talk Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Austin, Texas
    My first blonde one was bought in May 1994, serial number 0916, date code EE, but I needed to sell it during the 'great recession' of '09 and regretted that the instant the buyer turned the corner at the end of the street. And we vowed to get another one.

My second blonde one was bought March 2014, serial number 2580, date code KK. Made in November 2000. Dead Mint condition 14 year old amp with slip cover from a guy here in Austin who said it was 'too loud and too heavy'. His loss was my gain. (Though I did replace ALL the tubes with a complete matched set).

The best modern combo amp Fender has ever made. The Reverb is awesome. So if you can find one used under 2K in decent condition better grab it, 'cause you'll never need another Fender amp, in my opinion.

2. Taylorfreek

Taylorfreek Strat-Talker

Jan 10, 2011
    Arizona
    I will join, love my VK blonde. I do not play out anymore, just play at home now for my own enjoyment. I use my SCx2 more now for living room playing. I would consider selling the VK. I need to down size some. They are great amps.

3. WeFixFlats

Feb 20, 2015
    Austin, Texas
    Don't downsize, but use this trick to get tone at low volumes from the VK. (But there may be other amps you can do this with too)

Turn down ALL the Tone Controls, Put the Volume Control ALL THE WAY UP(11), and then gradually increase the 'Bass' Tone Control to increase the volume, and then mix in the Treble and Middle to taste. Great overdrive sound at bedroom levels.

4. Donald77

Donald77 Senior Stratmaster

I always wondered: how is the "reverb tank" in the Vibroking?

5. WeFixFlats

Feb 20, 2015
    Austin, Texas

As good, if not better, than the external Fender Vintage Re-Issue Reverb unit that costs $700 new retail. There are several on the online auction site for several hundred less than that. Some prefer the single knob units(in the Deluxe/Super/Twin), but for me having a 'tone' makes a difference.

6. WeFixFlats

Feb 20, 2015
    Austin, Texas
    Replaced a tone control pot and while we were at it, thought there might be some interest on the Hand Wired Chassis. By the way, this one is heavy because of the Massive transformer.

[​IMG][/URL]'][​IMG][/URL][/img]

mabley123 likes this.
  7. Tele295

Tele295 Strat-Talk Member

[​IMG]1994 VK with Eminence blueframes and EL84 reverb driver. Still a workhorse amp

8. WeFixFlats

Feb 20, 2015
    Austin, Texas
    All Right~! Finally another proud VK owner~!.

Yeah, the best combo amp on the planet, especially when cranked up. Not a 'bedroom' amp, lol~!

Tele295 likes this.
  9. Tele295

Tele295 Strat-Talk Member

Just need a bigger bedroom (and the master volume trick)

10. jalexquijano

jalexquijano Strat-Talk Member

I am planning on purchasing a Vibro King from EBAY or Guitar Center Used. Any flaws with these amps? Which production date are the best? Can you help me with the date. The serial number is 0564 and the other one is 2012.

I already have a 1990 Twin reverb 65 reissue PCB. Any real difference amongst these amps?