Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Volume Pedal with Bypass

Discussion in 'DIY Effects Forum' started by Kurt Villella, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Kurt Villella

Kurt Villella Strat-Talker

Feb 25, 2016
    Charlotte, NC
    I'm a total rookie when it comes to how pedals work and how to build them so I apologize for my mis-use of terminology and general lack of knowledge in advance.

Has anyone ever built a volume pedal that has a bypass circuit? I have only ever used volume pedals that are always "engaged" if they are in the pedal chain. What I mean by that is that if the volume pedal is hooked up to the rig then it is always affecting the volume of the instrument, i.e. no option to bypass the pedal as if it wasn't hooked up at all. If you have built or seen a volume pedal that has a bypass I'd be really interested in seeing the schematic/diagram and getting some info on the parts needed.

Thanks!

2. Bob the builder

Bob the builder Senior Stratmaster

May 2, 2016
    Cranston, Rhode Island
    I don't understand the need. It's only volumem up, down or somewhere in between

3. Kurt Villella

Kurt Villella Strat-Talker

Feb 25, 2016
    Charlotte, NC
    I'd like to be able to bypass the pedal when I don't intend to use it so that I don't accidentally move it when engaging/disengaging other pedals on my board. With a bypass I won't have to worry about accidentally touching the foot-pad.

4. keybyte

keybyte New Member!

Apr 2, 2013
    Northeast
    I have seen kits to provide true bypass around a stompbox that is not true bypass. J R Keen has a millienial bypass plan that does that.

5. Stratoskater

Stratoskater Senior Stratmaster

Feb 8, 2011
    Raleigh NC
    A traditional volume pedal is just a volume pot with a string or wire attached to the pedal to turn the pot. I don't really see anyway to have a on/off switch for that. There are some optical volume pedals out there that may be able to do this. Many of those are programmable with min and max thresholds.