Join Strat-Talk Today

Vox AC30C2 mod to allow speaker disconnect

Discussion in 'Amp Input - Normal or Bright' started by Dregs, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Dregs

Dregs Strat-Talk Member

Ok, I have no clue where to begin with this: The amp comes with a disconnect circuit which allows for an external cabinet to be used either as additional or replacement speakers which is nice. But, what if I want to place an attenuator between the amp and the internal speakers? I am thinking I could disconnect the blade clips from the circuit going to the speakers and then hook up a female 1/4 connector to the disconnect and speakers, then use a 1/4 speaker patch cable to reconnect everything. I know this adds the danger of allowing the speakers to be more easily disconnected by accident, but has anyone heard of doing something like this?

2. mAx___

mAx___ Strat-Talker

I saw a similar question posted to voxamps.com some time ago and IIRC the answer to the problem was very close to what you were thinking of doing. I hope you work it out, I know I couldn't play my AC30 without an attenuator...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.