Join Strat-Talk Today

Weird Stuff

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by texred, Feb 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985 Strat-Talk Supporter

Or which have the best hair.

iu-41.jpeg iu-39.jpeg

thatfiend, circles, Monkeyboy and 2 others like this.
  2. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985 Strat-Talk Supporter

Homemade pizza. I'm fat dumb and happy. :)

texred likes this.
  3. texred

texred Guest

4. texred

texred Guest

5. Working Man

Working Man Senior Stratmaster

What do you mean you have "Bonnie Hair"? Like the white stripe running down the middle?
    That considered, and the fact your a Lowell George fan, I'm assuming you play some slide?

texred likes this.
  6. texred

texred Guest

Def workin on it.

Mansonienne and Textele like this.
  7. texred

texred Guest

8. StillAlive&Well

StillAlive&Well Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

9. Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy NOT IN BAND Strat-Talk Supporter

texred and Bodean like this.
  10. texred

texred Guest

Never happen, since chupacabras are actually birds. Just look under goatsuckers (nighthawks, I think I remember). Any creature that eats it's weight in mosquitos is a friend of mine, goatsucker or not! Bats too!
    Could tell you more, but for my La Bruja code of silence.

11. texred

texred Guest

@Working Man
    Don't wanna shine you on, but: the white you so nicely wrote, is gray. It was going to turn red, but roomate said it's cool>Bonnie. I can def live w/that. Also, re slide, doing some with fingers so far, but I have to tell you I'm a noob (isn't there a nicer word-ah, "novice"). Flying blind with a couple mentors here, friends including google. Have axe, will chop. Very good at getting what I want. Priorities, man, priorities. Still friends, or have I totally disallusioned you? Got Special 1 back from shop yesterday!! They put on 9's instead of tens. Woman at cash reg just said "We did what you told us-she had no idea what's one there. Disheartening except for my rad pink T-shirt. On the back it says "music is the weapon of the future". I got the only one like it. I like it that way. And sloppy string wrappin. I can fix that. Fence builder = no steenkin wire can mess with ME

12. texred

texred Guest

The only reason I can tell about strings isthey bend way easier. Could be good, could be bad. Right now pissed and don't like em. A tad too twangy.
    NEED AMP BAD (PSA): can't get no bass without crackle city. Cheesy squier 10w. Need 15 combo w/tubes. Help anywhere? Will cruise classifieds, but so broke I can't pay attn.

13. Working Man

No worries! I was struggling trying to improve my playing in standard tuning, then one day after listening to a bunch of Bonnie Raitt and Ry Cooder, I tuned my guitar to open G and picked up a cigarette lighter and started sliding with that. The rest is history. I've been told I'm pretty good at it.
    You can't play slide on a guitar with 9's on it. Got to be 11's or heavier. At least thats what I've found.
    I've seen guys play great slide out of standard tuning too.

14. Working Man

This is a good place to find cheap used gear. I got a great acoustic guitar for $250 here. Good luck!
    https://reverb.com/marketplace/amps/guitar-combos?condition=used

15. texred

texred Guest

Thanks for that. If I had the ride and $ I'd take it back. So, guess I will be workin on BENDING em! Like that too. Yeah, I read about Ry Cooder playing open, gave me a great boost. Will keep that in mind when I need to talk to slide guy = you. I really hate these. They are Clear or Clean something, but def not 10s. and I saw on shelf (sorry for knowing all words) D'Arpeggios (sp?) were same price as what I got. Think I should pick those next time, along with 11s? Seems like I have to learn all over again, coz they bend themselves! Then I will have to learn again with 11s. Why couldn't I pick something easy, like squeezebox (LOVE accordians-but LOL re: easy). Your sage advice re name brand strings? and whatever else. And thanks for the amps. Bad part is livin on disability check (back). Poverty sucks. Good thing I like beans.

16. texred

texred Guest

Cigarette light bright idea. You are referring to automotive? It has a handle even.

17. Scrapperz

Scrapperz Strat-Talker

RE: Weird Stuff

I was driving the guitar hard into a left turn when my flat tracker went slide ways at speed but I got taken down by my bass player who was going way too fast to kill that deer bird which sang in the key of F minor atrocity really it was.

I don't know is that weird?

texred likes this.
  18. texred

texred Guest

Soooooo, it's your fault I found roadrunner roadkill yesterday in a 30 mph speed limit in town. Bad mojo dude.

Scrapperz likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.