Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Well that sucks

Discussion in 'Bands on the Run' started by GuitarPix, Feb 13, 2018.

1. GuitarPix

GuitarPix Senior Stratmaster

Oct 21, 2013
    Calgary
    At band rehearsal - before a two week hiatus while the bass player goes on holidays - we (mostly the drummer) got into a loud ‘conversation’ about roles in the band, direction of the band, tunes we were learning, general dissatisfaction, blah blah blah.

Capped the practice with the drummer playing loudly and aggressively enough by himself to cut off further conversation.

Not the first issue with the drummer - but was the worst.

Bass player and I both took all our stuff and left. So much for that band. Real pity because these guys are all talented and we could have been one of the best bands going around here - and there’s some good bands in town.

2. Sarnodude

Sarnodude Senior Stratmaster

Sep 26, 2015
    Mukilteo
    What a bummer. Sadly a lot of good bands seem to end too soon. I hope you guys patch it up.

3. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh needs you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too. Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 10, 2014
    Initech, Inc.

It’s always the drummer...
    Sorry to hear.

Squittolo and Silvercrow like this.

4. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 17, 2017
    Idaho
    Sorry to hear that. I don't play in a band and never have but I certainly can see where that would suck....

5. Dadocaster

Dadocaster Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

I think my band with my kid may have broken up over the weekend.

Oh well.

6. Groovey

Groovey Senior Stratmaster

Nov 17, 2016
    NC. USA
    He should have just exploded. Well he kinda did.

7. GuitarPix

Oct 21, 2013
    Calgary
    I hope not - but if so hopefully there's still chances to do music together in some form down the road.

or choked on his own puke (well, we can't prove it was his puke, its not like can fingerprint puke.) :D

The absolute best part was probably how the singer went out for a cigarette only to came back and the band was breaking up. A total WTF moment I'm sure.

Silvercrow and Groovey like this.

8. Silvercrow

Silvercrow Senior Stratmaster

Nov 6, 2014
    Bucks County, Pa.
    So sorry to hear that! Hopefully you'll be able to re-form with a more stable drummer!:p:whistling:

Seriously, the cover band I was in last the drummer was a wack job. BUT- he had a terrifically nice rehearsal space / studio. Stage set up, lights, atmosphere, great system. But it finally got to be too much and in the interim we went our separate ways. For the record...out of over a dozen bands I've been in over 3 times as many years, he was the only drummer that was that obnoxious.

So sad though- it isn't usually the music that drives bands apart- usually personality clashes or the old "Nobody recognizes my brilliance, even though I've told them 50 times!" syndrome...

Best wishes!

Brian

9. GuitarPix

Oct 21, 2013
    Calgary